This year they’ve lowered it to $10, but it’s still an easy $10 statement credit for you!
How to Get Your $10 Statement Credit
- On November 24, register your American Express card for Small Business Saturday.
- On November 30, 2013, (that’s the day after Black Friday) use your registered card for a purchase of at least $10 at a small business near you.
- Receive a $10 statement credit from American Express within 90 days!
American Express Terms and Conditions
- Limit one (1) $10 statement credit per American Express Card.
- Corporate Cards and all prepaid Card products (other than American Express Serve) are not eligible.
- Qualifying small business locations are those identified appear on the Small Business Saturday® Map, available beginning on November 21, 2013 at ShopSmall.com.
- Multiple transactions of less than $10 will not qualify even if the combined total of those transactions is over $10.
- Online transactions do not qualify.
More on Small Business Saturday
Enroll Early. Enrollment opens at 12:00 A.M. MST (“Mountain Standard Time”) on November 24, 2013 and the number of enrollments is limited. I can’t find a total number, so your best bet is to enroll first thing on November 24.
Use Multiple Cards for Multiple Credits. The terms state one credit per Amex card… not one credit per person. Last year we successfully registered multiple American Express cards and were able to earn one credit per card. A friend of mine also successfully was able to register and earn multiple credits on the same account when you have an authorized user with their own card.
American Express Cards. If you don’t have an American Express card yet, you should still be able to get one in time for the Small Business Saturday promotion. The cards I’m planning to register are:
- American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card
- Costco American Express
- Starwood American Express
- American Express Serve
- Blue Sky from American Express
- Blue Cash Preferred American Express