A longtime reader, Richard, just sent me a copy of a new survey that tested airlines for frequent flier award seat availability. Topping the list for the fifth year was Southwest at 100% availability.
You know what that means? It’s time to pick up some Southwest points for summer travel!
Southwest is currently offering 50,000 bonus points on their Rapid Rewards credit card from Chase.
It’s Free Money Friday!
How to Get Your Sign Up Bonus
- Apply for the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Card*.
- Spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Get 50,000 Bonus Points, redeemable for flights or $500 in gift cards.
*Find and compare all current credit card offers in our credit card directory. I had to click “Show More Results” twice to find it at the bottom of the list.
Terms and Conditions
- $99 Annual Fee.
- This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.
- The number of points needed for any particular Southwest flight is set by Southwest and will vary depending on destination, time, day of travel, demand, point redemption rate, and other factors and is subject to change.
- No Blackout Dates and Unlimited Reward Seats apply to flights booked with points.
More on Southwest
Earning Points. Earn 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest purchases & with Southwest partners. Earn 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else. Plus, get a 6,000 point anniversary bonus every year.
Points Expiration. Your points won’t expire as long as your card is open. If you close your card, you’ll need earning activity in your account every 24 months to keep points from expiring. I use AwardWallet to track expiration dates.
Companion Pass. If you earn 110,000 points you will qualify for a companion pass.
Southwest Perks. Southwest doesn’t charge fees for changing flights & you can check your first two bags for free!
More Popular Free Money Offers
- Capital One Venture 40,000 Mile Sign Up Bonus
- Barclaycard CashForward $100 Sign Up Bonus
- New Chase Freedom Unlimited with $150 Sign Up Bonus
- Chase Sapphire $500 – $625 Sign Up Bonus