Checking account bonuses often have a direct deposit requirement that makes them tough to complete if you don’t have a paycheck from an employer (and annoying even if you do).
The Wells Fargo sign up bonus caught my attention since you can complete the offer without a direct deposit requirement… and it’s easy!
The $250 sign up bonus for a Wells Fargo checking account is our Free Money Friday offer.
How to Get Your $250 Sign Up Bonus
- Open a new account at Wells Fargo by February 17, 2017.
- Deposit $25.
- Within 60 days either:
- Make 10 debit card purchases OR
- Make a direct deposit of $500.
- Earn $250 credited to your account within 45 days.
Terms and Conditions
- You cannot be: a current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account, a Wells Fargo team member, or a recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer).
- All consumer checking accounts, including non-interest-earning checking accounts (except Teen CheckingSM) are eligible for the bonus of $250. The prepaid Wells Fargo EasyPay® Card is not eligible.
More on Wells Fargo Checking
Avoid Service Fees. The everyday checking account has a $10 per month service fee. You can avoid the fee with a $1,500 balance, $500 in direct deposits or 10 debit card purchases monthly.
Fund with a Credit Card. You should be able to open the account with a $50 credit card purchase on a Chase, Barclay or BOA card. I’m finishing up the spending on my Huge $5,325+ Credit Card Application Spree, so every last bit helps!
Amazon Gift Card Reloads. An easy way to meet the 10 purchases is to make 10 small Amazon gift card reloads. The minimum is $0.50 per reload.
More Popular Free Money Offers
- Capital One Quicksilver $100 Sign Up Bonus
- New Chase Freedom Unlimited with $150 Sign Up Bonus
- Hilton American Express 50,000 Point Sign Up Bonus
- Barclaycard CashForward $100 Sign Up Bonus