Checking account bonuses often have a direct deposit requirement that makes them tough to complete if you don’t have a paycheck from an employer (and annoying even if you do).
The Wells Fargo sign up bonus caught my attention since you can complete the offer without a direct deposit requirement… and it’s easy!
The $250 sign up bonus for a Wells Fargo checking account is our Free Money  Friday offer.
How to Get Your $250 Sign Up Bonus
- Open a new account at Wells Fargo  by February 17, 2017.
- Deposit $25.
- Within 60 days either:
- Make 10 debit card purchases OR
- Make a direct deposit of $500.
- Earn $250 credited to your account within 45 days.
Terms and Conditions
- You cannot be: a current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account, a Wells Fargo team member, or a recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer).
- All consumer checking accounts, including non-interest-earning checking accounts (except Teen CheckingSM) are eligible for the bonus of $250. The prepaid Wells Fargo EasyPay® Card is not eligible.
More on Wells Fargo Checking
Avoid Service Fees. The everyday checking account has a $10 per month service fee. You can avoid the fee with a $1,500 balance, $500 in direct deposits or 10 debit card purchases monthly.
Fund with a Credit Card. You should be able to open the account with a $50 credit card  purchase on a Chase, Barclay or BOA card. I’m finishing up the spending on my Huge $5,325+ Credit Card Application Spree , so every last bit helps!
Amazon Gift Card Reloads. An easy way to meet the 10 purchases is to make 10 small Amazon gift card  reloads. The minimum is $0.50 per reload.