Amazon $15 Off $50 Purchase
The holiday season is great for shopping deals! Now that the holiday Lightning Deals have started, I’m always on the lookout for any Amazon offers!
Here’s a quick promo from Amazon and American Express for Free Money Friday. I know the Amazon offers are reader favorites!
Amazon is giving out $15 promo codes when you link and use a card with American Express Membership Rewards. But you’ll have to ask fast… the offer ends in a week (unless they run out sooner)!
Like most Amazon offers, this one is targeted, so you’ll have to see if you qualify first. If you do, it’s an easy way to earn $15 off your Amazon purchases.
How to Get $15 Off
- Link an American Express credit card to your Amazon account: Amazon Shop with Points.
- Purchase $50 in Amazon.com products by November 13, 2015.
- Use your linked American Express card as the payment method and redeem 1 American Express point.
- Enter “SWP9AXP15” in the promo code box.
- Get $15 off your order.
American Express Terms and Conditions
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 11/13/2015, or while supplies last. The promotion code will expire concurrently.
- You must have an Amazon.com account to redeem the promotion code. If you are creating a new Amazon.com account, please be aware that it may take up to 72 hours before your promotion code will be accepted and applied. Accordingly, you must create a new account on or before 11/10/2015 in order to redeem the promotion code.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $50 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is entered at checkout. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
More on Amazon Offer
New Linked Cards Only. The offer only applies if you haven’t linked and used your Amex card for points on Amazon in the past two years. I picked up a new Amex card in my $4,420 Credit Card Application Spree recently, so I have a new card to link. Hopefully you also have an Amex card you haven’t linked yet.
Multiple Cards. The max you can receive is $15 per card. If you have multiple cards, you may be able to repeat the offer… Miles to Memories noted that you’ll need a different Amazon account for each card (see the terms about the 72 hour waiting period for new accounts above).
Redeem for Something You’ll Keep. Usually when you use an Amazon promo code, you won’t be able to apply it to something else if you return an item. Be sure to spend it on something you won’t return!
American Express Rewards. A 1 point redemption is the minimum to use the promo. In general, using American Express points for Amazon.com purchases is not one of the Best Way to Maximize American Express Points.
Source. Doctor of Credit via One Mile at a Time.