Chase just rolled out a new card called the Chase Freedom Unlimited card… not to be confused with the Chase Freedom card!
It features unlimited cash back at 1.5% without any quarterly rotating categories.
The sign up bonus for the new card is $150. It’s our Free Money Friday offer!
How to Get Your $150 Sign Up Bonus
- Sign up for the Chase Freedom Unlimited* card.
- Spend $500 within three months of opening your account.
- Earn 15,000 bonus points to redeem for $150 cash back.
- Earn $25 more when you add an authorized user (and make your first purchase) during the first three months.
*The Chase Freedom Unlimited card application link is under the cash back category in our credit card directory.
Chase Terms and Conditions
- No annual fee.
- This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.
- Cash Back rewards never expire as long as your account is open.
More on Chase Freedom Unlimited
Earning Cash Back. The Chase Freedom Unlimited card earns 1.5% cash back on everything with no spending tiers.
Redeeming Points. Check out the Best Way to Maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards Points for the best redemption options.
0% Intro Rate. The card has a 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. However balance transfers have a steep 5% fee!
Chase Freedom Unlimited vs Chase Freedom
You can still get the original Chase Freedom with a $150+ Sign Up Bonus. The original card earns 5% on rotating categories up to $1,500 each quarter. See the 2016 Chase Freedom Unlimited Rewards Calendar for the quarterly categories.
Maxing out the 5% quarterly categories for $300 in rewards is equivalent to spending $20,000 on the Unlimited card earning 1.5%. However, if you aren’t maxing it out each quarter, you’ll need to calculate what your rewards will be under both cards and compare.
You can get my latest articles full of valuable tips
and other information delivered directly to your email for free
simply by entering your email address below. Your address will never be sold or used for spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.