Discover is offering a 25,000 bonus miles for the Escape by Discover Card .
How to Get Your Bonus Miles
- Open a new Escape by Discover Card .
- Earn 1,000 bonus miles by making one purchase each month for the first 25 months on your Discover credit card with frequent flyer miles.
- Redeem your bonus miles for travel credits, cash or gift cards.
- Promotional miles will be applied within 8 weeks.
Discover Terms and Conditions
- There is a $60 annual fee.
- Rewards have no expiration date.
- 0% intro APR for 6 months for purchases and balance transfers.
More About the Miles
Extra Miles. In addition to the bonus miles, you earn 2 miles for each dollar you spend on all purchases on the Escape by Discover Card .
Miles Never Expire. The miles never expire, so you don’t have to worry about redeeming them right away. Just be aware if your account is inactive for 18 months you forfeit your miles.
Do the Math
To earn 25,000 miles over 2 years, you’ll have to pay $120 in annual fees. Keep this is mind and subtract it from the bonus miles.
I verified with Discover that 10,000 miles can be redeemed for a $100 credit for any travel purchase. For example, if you make $10 in purchases each month for 20 months, you’ll end up with 20,400 miles. Redeeming those for $200 in travel credit will cost you $120 for 2 years of annual fees. You’ll net $80, or about 40% cash back on your purchases.