It’s Free Money Friday! And it’s time for the holiday shopping deals to start rolling in!
Discover just announced that they will offer 10% cashback for using Apple Pay in stores. If you signed up for the Discover it 10% Double Cashback earlier this year, you could earn 20% cash back on $10,000 in purchases.
$2,000 on $10,000 in spending… I think this is a legitimate reason to pick up a new Discover card (and an iPhone)!
Discover also has a $50 sign up bonus that you can double for $100.
How to Get Your 10%-20% Cashback
- Pay with your Discover card using Apple Pay from September 16 until the end of the year.
- Automatically earn an extra 10% Cashback Bonus on up to $10,000 of in-store purchases.
- If you enrolled in the Discover it 10% Double Cashback promotion, the Apple Pay offer should double.
- Discover it Miles, Miles and Escape cardmembers will earn an extra 10 miles per dollar on up to $10,000 of in-store purchases.
If you didn’t enroll in the double promotion, you’ll have to get a new card to double the offer. I enrolled my husband, but didn’t enroll myself, so it’s time for me to get a new card:
How to Get Your $100 Sign Up Bonus
- Open a new Discover it card via referral to get a $50 sign up bonus.
- Make your first purchase within 3 months of being approved.
- Earn a $50 cashback bonus.
- The sign up bonus should be doubled.
More on Discover
2 Card Maximum. I spent some time on the phone with Discover today working through these offers. You can only have 2 Discover cards at a time, so I went ahead and closed one of my cards. I was a little sad, since it was from 2006 (but the other card was from 2003!) from one of my application sprees almost a decade ago. Keep the card maximum in mind before you apply for a new card to get the double cash back.
Referrals. You can refer your family and friends to earn $50 cashback. My husband is referring me, so he will earn $50 for the referral, and I’ll earn $50 which will double to $100, and I’ll get the double cash back! There’s a maximum of 10 referral rewards ($500) per calendar year.
Earning Cashback. We’re using our Discover cards heavily right now for the 5% (10% when doubled) Cashback Bonus for Amazon purchases during 3rd Quarter 2015. 4th quarter cashback is listed in the 2015 Discover It Rewards Calendar as holiday shopping!
Source. Slickdeals via Doctor of Credit.