It’s time for one of my favorite quarterly traditions – an application spree! I sign up for a handful of my favorite credit card sign up bonuses at the same time. It’s not for everyone, and it has to be done very carefully; but if it’s done right, it can be a very lucrative way to make extra money!
Over the years, I’ve documented many of my previous application sprees to pick up bonus offers bringing in $3,000, $2,075, $1,525, $750, $1,720, $1,800, $2,000, $2,325 and over 500,000 points and travel miles.
Credit Card Application List
- Discover it. $100 sign up bonus + $2,000 cashback. The $50 sign up bonus is doubled when you use apply for the Discover it card via referral. Discover moved to the top of my application list this year. 5% cash back quarterly bonuses during the holidays and the 0% for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers is standard. However, when they announced the Discover it 10% Double Cashback offer, I knew I wanted another Discover card! The Apple Pay 10%-20% Cashback just made another $2,000 in cash back possible!
- Chase Sapphire Preferred. $450 bonus. 40,000 points plus 5,000 points for an authorized user. I can redeem these for $450. I applied for this card back in 2012, so I’m eligible for the bonus again (24 month waiting period). However, this will be my only Chase application this time since they implemented the new 5 approvals in 2 years rule.
- BOA Travel Rewards. $200 bonus. The offer, which is normally $100 is doubled right now for $200. In addition, this card offers 0% for 12 billing cycles on purchases. You earn 1.5 points for each dollar you spend.
- Capital One Spark for Business. $500 cash bonus. You can earn 2% cash back on all purchases. There’s also a Capital One Spark Cash Select card that has a 0% offer with a $200 sign up bonus that earns 1.5% cash back. For me the $500 offer wins!
- Citi Double Cash. 2% cash back and 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. I’m targeting this card in case the rumors of the Fidelity 2% card going away are true.
- Barclaycard Arrival. $420+ sign up bonuses. I’m going to try for a churn on the Barclaycard Arrival for the 40,000 bonus miles (which is worth $420 in travel). I just closed my old downgraded card, so I’m not expecting an approval. However, Barclay doesn’t have any 2nd best cards to choose from right now!
- American Express Business Gold Rewards. $750 sign up bonus. The 75,000 points are increased from the standard 25,000 points. I had this card already, but closed it in April last year. Since it’s been more than 12 months, I’m eligible for the bonus again! Here’s directions on how to get the increased bonus.
- BOA Cash Rewards for Business. 0% for 9 billing cycles on purchases. There’s no longer a sign up bonus on the business version, but I’ll pick it up for the 0% for some inventory purchases this quarter once I burn through all the sign up bonus requirements. It also offers cash back of 1-3% depending on the category.
I left a personal American Express card off the list this time. I already picked up a Starwood and a Delta card in the last year. I was too slow for the huge Platinum 150k, so I’m going to hold out and see if it, or another huge offer like it, makes a return.
The total for all of the sign up bonuses is: $2,420 bonuses + $2,000 cash back = $4,420. In addition, I’ll have four cards with 0% to use for leveraging to make money Selling on Amazon this Holiday Season.
Credit Card Application Links
All of the links I used for the application spree are now listed in our credit card directory.
More on Credit Card Application Sprees
- Tips and Tricks for Planning Credit Card Application Sprees
- How to Collect Multiple Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses
- How to Prioritize and Maximize Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses
- How Much Do Credit Inquiries Really Matter?
- Avoid Joint Credit Cards to Double Your Sign Up Bonuses
- Convert Credit Cards Instead of Paying Annual Fees
- Credit Card Application Spree Q & A
- Beginner Credit Card Application Spree Q & A