$2,075+ Application Spree to Stockpile 0% Credit Cards
The kids just went back to school, so it’s time for an application spree! Long time readers are familiar with many of my previous application sprees to sign up for a about a dozen of my favorite credit card sign up bonuses at the same time. It’s not for everyone, and it has to be done very carefully; but if it’s done right, it can be a very lucrative way to make extra money!
Building a Stockpile of 0% Credit Cards
My focus this time around is not only on scoring some of the large sign up bonuses, but also on maximizing 0% interest rates on purchases to float lots of our Amazon inventory for the holiday season on cards that offer great cash rewards.
As always, I alternate applications, this time it’ll be under my husband’s name since our last $1,720 Application Spree was under my name.
Credit Card Application List
- The Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card. $100 cash back. 10,000 points for an easy $100 bonus. We are maxed out on the Barclaycard Arrival $440+ sign up bonuses, so I had to find the next best thing from Barclaycard. I was pleased to see the Priceline card has 0% for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers.
- U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card. 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. Cards with 15 months of 0% are my priority since I will be able to stretch the 0% over two holiday seasons.
- U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Select Rewards. 10,000 point bonus. I’m focusing on this US Bank card for the bonus and the 0% for 9 months on purchases. My US Bank apps are higher up on the list since they are pickier about inquiries than some of the bigger credit card companies.
- Discover it. There’s no sign up bonus, but I want it for the 5% cash back quarterly bonuses during the holidays and the 0% for 14 months on purchases and balance transfers. I’ve also heard rumors about a targeted sign up bonus for this card, so I’m going to open all my mail that’s stacked up from vacation to see if we got one.
- Premier Miles & More® World MasterCard® 20,000 miles. The focus of this card is the 0% for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers.
- Chase Ink Plus. $875. I got an invite in the mail for this one with a 70,000 point sign up bonus offer. You can redeem it for $875 in travel or $700. Usually, the typical Chase Ink Sign Up Bonus is $50k points. Per Flyertalk, the 70k offer may also be available in person at a Chase branch.
- Citi ThankYou® Premier Card. $500+ rewards. The Premier card has one of the highest overall bonuses with the potential for 50,000 points. It’s a two year commitment to get the bonus; here is How to Maximize the Value of Your $500 Citi Premier Card Bonus.
- American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card. $400 rewards. The current bonus is 25k points plus and additional 15k points after spending $30k. See the Best Way to Maximize American Express Points to redeem the points.
- IHG Rewards (Priority Club) Visa. 80,000 points. I had a huge success with this card during my last application spree which we’ve used for over a dozen free hotel nights. The 80,000 point offer is better than their standard IHG Hotels 60,000 Point Sign Up Bonus. In addition, since they are rolling out their Big Win, we might be able to stack it with some extra points this fall.
- Wells Fargo 5% Cash Back Credit Card. 5% cash back. No bonus, but 5% cash back is something special for buying gift cards and manufactured spending!
- American Express Old Blue Cash Card. This card is an old one but it features 5% cash back on grocery store, gas and drugstore purchases after you spend $6500. It may be a good replacement for my American Express 6% Blue Cash Preferred card card which is limited to $6,000 in spending. It also has 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers.
- BOA Travel Rewards. $100 bonus. In addition, this card offers 0% for 12 billing cycles on purchases.
- BOA Cash Rewards for Business. $100 cash back and 0% for 9 billing cycles on purchases.
- Citi Double Cash. My day two application for Citi will be to target the Citi double cash card for 2% cash back and 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. I think non-intro 2% cards are always cards to pick up and keep on hand when promos run low for everyday spending.
- Capital One Venture Rewards 40,000 miles which you can redeem for travel, gift cards, merchandise, or cash back.
The total for all of the sign up bonuses is: $2,075 + 150,000 points and miles. In addition, (and the part I’m most excited about) is that I’ll have nine new cards with 0% to use for leveraging and stocking additional inventory during the holidays!
More on Credit Card Application Sprees
- Tips and Tricks for Planning Credit Card Application Sprees
- How to Collect Multiple Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses
- How to Prioritize and Maximize Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses
- How Much Do Credit Inquiries Really Matter?
- Avoid Joint Credit Cards to Double Your Sign Up Bonuses
- Convert Credit Cards Instead of Paying Annual Fees
- Credit Card Application Spree Q & A
- $825 Beginner Credit Card Application Spree
- Beginner Credit Card Application Spree Q & A
Question. When you go on these credit card application sprees, isn’t your credit report affected? Doesn’t your credit score drop a lot?
Yes, our credit is impacted. However, it’s not by a lot and it’s only temporary. Here’s more detail on the topic: How Much Do Credit Inquiries Really Matter?