Posted by Kristen on November 11, 2014
As we countdown to the holidays, we’re sharing fun ideas to keep your holiday spending under budget! This week we are highlighting Christmas gift ideas under five dollars in our holiday gift guide series.
These days, you probably think five dollars can’t get you very far. And in many cases, you’re right.
But when you’re on a strict budget, it just may have to. Once you have made your holiday gift buying budget, if you’re in need of some super cheap gifts, here are some simple, unique gift ideas that are under $5.
(Photo Credit: Andy Noren/Flickr)
Christmas Gift Ideas Under $5
- Tea: A box of nice tea can easily be found at a grocery store for under $5. Perfect for winter months, you can find a variety of specialty flavors that make it more gift worthy.
- Candy: Unless there are dietary restrictions, it’s a safe bet that most people will happily receive candy as a small gift.
- An emergency blanket: An emergency blanket is one of those items you hope to never need to use, but it gives peace of mind knowing it’s there. This tiny blanket can easily be found for less than $5. It’s perfect for outdoor enthusiasts who need to prepare for getting stuck outside longer than anticipated. But it’s also great for anyone to put in their car to have in case of an emergency.
- A coffee mug: You can never really have too many mugs. Whether a coffee drinker, tea drinker, or hot cocoa, your recipient will get use out of a mug.
- A bottle opener: Bottle openers always seem to get misplaced, especially during a busy holiday party season. It’s always nice to have an extra one on hand in case one breaks in the middle of a party or you want to have one for traveling.
- Festive socks: For kids or your close friends, buy a pair of festive socks they normally wouldn’t buy for themselves.
- Golf tees: Golf can be a pricey hobby, but you can still give golf tees as a super cheap gift for any golf enthusiasts you have in your life.
- Nail polish: Perfect for any ladies on your list, buy a bottle of nail polish in a color you think they may not already have. Packages with little mini nail polishes are sold in abundance during the holiday season.
- Other cosmetics: Similar to nail polish, there are plenty of gift-worthy cosmetics that women, especially teen age girls, may enjoy receiving. Think hand lotion, items for nail care, body lotion, lip gloss, and more.
- Scratch-off ticket: If your recipient is of a legal age, a holiday themed scratch off ticket may be a fun idea. It’s probably not something they often buy for themselves, and of course, they have the potential to win.
- Costume jewelry: You can find jewelry for under $5 at Forever 21, various clearance areas of a store, Kohls, Target, TJ Maxx, and more. A simple bracelet or ring for under five dollars can easily be found in these locations.
What are other gift ideas you have that cost under five dollars?
More Holiday Gift Ideas
Check out today's hottest holiday Lightning Deals
. Hurry, they change fast and sell out quickly!
You can get my latest articles full of valuable tips
and other information delivered directly to your email for free
simply by entering your email address below. Your address will never be sold or used for spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.