It’s Free Money  Friday! And it’s time for the holiday shopping deals to start rolling in!
Discover just announced that they will offer 10% cashback for using Apple Pay in stores. If you signed up for the Discover it 10% Double Cashback  earlier this year, you could earn 20% cash back on $10,000 in purchases.
$2,000 on $10,000 in spending… I think this is a legitimate reason to pick up a new Discover card (and an iPhone)!
Discover  also has a $50 sign up bonus that you can double for $100.
How to Get Your 10%-20% Cashback
- Pay with your Discover card using Apple Pay from September 16 until the end of the year.
- Automatically earn an extra 10% Cashback Bonus on up to $10,000 of in-store purchases.
- If you enrolled in the Discover it 10% Double Cashback  promotion, the Apple Pay offer should double.
- Discover it Miles, Miles and Escape cardmembers will earn an extra 10 miles per dollar on up to $10,000 of in-store purchases.
If you didn’t enroll in the double promotion, you’ll have to get a new card to double the offer. I enrolled my husband, but didn’t enroll myself, so it’s time for me to get a new card:
How to Get Your $100 Sign Up Bonus
- Open a new Discover it card via referral  to get a $50 sign up bonus.
- Make your first purchase within 3 months of being approved.
- Earn a $50 cashback bonus.
- The sign up bonus should be doubled.
More on Discover
2 Card Maximum. I spent some time on the phone with Discover today working through these offers. You can only have 2 Discover cards at a time, so I went ahead and closed one of my cards. I was a little sad, since it was from 2006 (but the other card was from 2003!) from one of my application sprees almost a decade ago. Keep the card maximum in mind before you apply for a new card to get the double cash back.
Referrals. You can refer your family and friends to earn $50 cashback. My husband is referring me, so he will earn $50 for the referral, and I’ll earn $50 which will double to $100, and I’ll get the double cash back! There’s a maximum of 10 referral rewards ($500) per calendar year.
Earning Cashback. We’re using our Discover cards heavily right now for the 5% (10% when doubled) Cashback Bonus for Amazon purchases during 3rd Quarter 2015 . 4th quarter cashback is listed in the 2015 Discover It Rewards Calendar  as holiday shopping!