Posted by Madison on June 12, 2017
Are you looking for the perfect gift for Father’s Day? A frugal gift for dad will be much more appreciated if you can match the gift to his favorite hobby!
While I was browsing for the perfect gift for my kids to give their dad, I found lots of great ideas.
Some of them are frugal (under $25) and some of them are fun (over $25); all of them will put a smile on dad’s face!
Frugal Father’s Day Gifts
Check out the fun and frugal gifts for dad based on his interests.
Fathers’s Day is Sunday, June 18, 2017.
Father’s Day Gift Ideas
- The Barbecue Dad. How to Grill: The Complete Illustrated Book of Barbecue Techniques. This book will be good from the novice to the grill connoisseur, so it should be perfect for any dad with a grill!
- The Tool Dad. Electrical Test Kit. For the dad who needs to stay safe during home DIY projects!
- The Fitness Dad. Armband Phone Holder. A water resistant sports armband to hold your keys and phone while working out.
- The Gardening Dad. 1500 Live LadyBugs. Ladybugs eat the bad bugs like aphids, so you can help your garden with a natural solution.
- The Heavy Duty Reading Dad. Kindle E-reader. Are you celebrating with a dad who likes to read this Father’s Day? The Kindle is a wireless reading device to read books, blogs, newspapers and magazines. It can hold over 200 titles and is simple to use.
- The Frugal Dad. Clip-N-Trim 23-Piece Complete Haircut Kit. This gift will pay for itself if it can eliminate $15 haircuts each month. Total savings per year: $180!
- The Green Dad. Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Water Bottles. Switching from plastic to steel water bottles? Here’s a great line of water bottles in various shapes and sizes for dad.
- The Golf Dad. Unbreakable Golf Tees. Help dad save some money by never having to buy more golf tees. They claim the tees will hold up for 100+ shots.
- The New Dad. Diaper Dude Diaper Bag. For all the new dads, here’s a trendy diaper bag perfect for dad to carry when out with his new baby. Besides solid colors, they also come in camouflage and skull & bones prints.
- The Gadget Dad. GoPro HERO5 Black. This one isn’t frugal… but if you have a dad in your life who has always wanted a GoPro, maybe you can get all your siblings to go in on a group gift for dad!
More Helpful Gift Ideas for Dad
You can get my latest articles full of valuable tips
and other information delivered directly to your email for free
simply by entering your email address below. Your address will never be sold or used for spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.
You have missed out poor dad. What would be good for him? Just pulling your leg.
Anyway, the frugal dad thing, does it come with a barber or can FD cut his hair himself with the 23 pc set?
@ Father Sez: Oh yes, for poor dad: a handmade card filled with love!
I think that frugal dad could enlist the help of frugal mom to help with the haircut, especially in back!
Happy Father’s Day a little early.
1500 live bugs for 12.99$? My dad would probably love this. But for a humorous dad like my husband: I would have to say a season of Seinfield . I know it’s not frugal but you could get them on Ebay for less than 20 bucks if you shop early. This holiday is going to be fun!