It’s almost time to kick off our holiday gift guide  series this year! Many readers have asked for some insight into toys I might sell during the holidays. Here’s a list of toys that could be great for buying or selling this holiday season!
Finding Toys that May Be Hard to Get this Holiday Season
A few years ago I asked my husband to build me a database to track certain toys during the holidays. The goal was to monitor toys that Amazon was selling, but to identify and take advantage of any opportunities when Amazon went out of stock.
I use this monitoring system to see if an item is still in stock elsewhere or to watch for when it might come back in stock later today or later this week to buy on Amazon. This is a great way to identify toys to sell on Amazon  that Amazon might have trouble keeping in stock over the holiday season.
Buying Gifts Early that Might be Subject to Higher Holiday Pricing
Even more importantly, I use these notifications as an opportunity to see if I need to buy an item on a holiday wish list for my kids. I like to pick these items up early for my kids if the price will end up being higher closer to the holidays!
Toys with Notifications Today
I made a hard line in the sand last week to stop buying toys for the holiday season (I decided after selling private label products  that I would only buy toys for 1 week this year)!
However, I can’t help it some days and I have to peek at the items going out of stock… so I thought I’d share today’s list with you to see if there’s any items on holiday toys lists for the kids in your life. If these items are on your list, I’d prioritize them a little higher since there may be stock concerns as we get closer to the holidays. If you are buying on Amazon, don’t forget to maximize holiday cash back at Amazon this quarter .
For those of you who are looking at this list as Amazon sellers , please be aware that I have not done any research beyond the initial out of stock notification. While these are directly from the database that I use to track toys and start my research and there’s a possibility you may be able to sell some of these to make money, some of these may not have any profit margin! You would have to do more research to find out if they would be good to sell on Amazon .
14 Toys with Stock Problems that May See Pricing Variability this Holiday Season
Here are 14 toys on my list that Amazon recently went out of stock on:
- Kidkraft Fire Station Set 
- Hape Quadrilla The Roundabout 
- Baby Alive Super Snacks Snackin’ Sara Blonde 
- Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Tikes Patrol, Ride-On 
- Super Wings – World Airport Playset 
- Ideal Frontier Logs Classic All Wood 300-Piece Construction Set with Action Figures 
- Power Rangers Dino Super Charge – T-Rex Super Charge Morpher 
- K’NEX Hyperspeed Hangtime Roller Coaster Building Set 
- Big Dig Ride-on working Crane 
- Paw Patrol Look-out Playset 
- Joovy Doll Or Stuffed Toy Booster Seat Dot Pink 
- Quercetti Tecno – 80 Piece Building Set 
- Square Root Games 0021 Four-Player Mancala in Natural Finish Solid Hardwood 
- VTech Kidi Karaoke Toy 
Do you see any toys on this list that you might buy or sell this holiday season?
More on Amazon
- How I Made $100,000 Selling on Amazon Last Year 
- Reader Shares His $12,000 Amazon Success Story 
- What Supplies Do You Need to Sell on Amazon? 
- How to Get Started Selling on Amazon 
- Selling On Amazon: How You Can Make A Full-Time Income Selling on Amazon (Book) 
- Online Arbitrage (Book)