Sign up bonuses from credit cards  are one of my favorite ways to make money!
I thought it would be fun to look back at the most popular offers last year based on reader preferences instead of the cards that I picked up.
Most Popular Credit Card Bonuses Last Year
Looking at the trends of the cards that My Dollar Plan readers prefer, it’s clear that the most popular sign up bonuses are those that can be easily converted into cash and don’t have a high spending requirement. We all love easy money!
In addition, many of the cards that made the list also offer 0% on purchases or balance transfers.
Most Popular Credit Card Offers
- Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa. $200 Sign Up Bonus. The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa $200 Sign Up Bonus  was by far the most popular sign up bonus with readers last year.
- MLB BankAmericard Cash Rewards. $150 Sign Up Bonus. MLB BankAmericard Cash Rewards $150 Sign Up Bonus  is an easy sign up bonus, you earn the $150 bonus after just $500 in spending. It was the most popular Bank of America card, just edging out two other easy Bank of American cards: the Bank of America Cash Rewards $150 Sign Up Bonus  and the Susan G. Komen Pink Ribbon $150 Credit Card Bonus .
- American Express Blue Cash Everyday. $150 Sign Up Bonus. The American Express Blue Cash Everyday $150 Sign Up Bonus  was one of the most popular sign up bonuses last year… even though we never highlighted the bonus during the Free Money Friday series last year! This was the biggest surprises on the list. We’ll have to make discussion on this card a priority since so many readers prefer it!
- Chase Sapphire Preferred. $500 – $625 Sign Up Bonus. The Chase Sapphire Preferred $500 – $625 Sign Up Bonus  was one of the most popular cards with a larger bonus. It just edged out the Chase Freedom Unlimited with $150 Sign Up Bonus . Keep in mind both of these cards are subject to the Chase 5/24 calculation .
- Discover it. $50 Sign Up Bonus. The Discover it $50 Sign Up Bonus  was one of the most popular cards last year. While the inital bonus isn’t that big, the ability to double cash back in the first year and the rotating 5% quarterly Cash Rewards  make it possible to earn 10% cash back on quite a few categories during the year.
- Barclaycard Arrival. $420+ Sign Up Bonus. The Barclaycard Arrival Plus $420+ Sign Up Bonus  was one of the most offers from Barclaycard after the Barclaycard CashForward  card was discontinued.
- New HSBC Cash Rewards. $150 Sign Up Bonus. The New HSBC Cash Rewards $150 Sign Up Bonus  was a new card we just mentioned in November. I’m guessing it made the list for those of us who need some new issuers to diversify our applications!
- Capital One Quicksilver. $150 Sign Up Bonus. The Capital One Quicksilver $150 Sign Up Bonus  made the list back when the offer was $100. It recently increased to $150, so it will probably move up.
Most Popular Business Credit Card Offer
The most popular business credit card offer was for the Capital One Spark Cash for Business $500 Sign Up Bonus .
Credit Card Application Links
All of the links for current bonus offers are listed in our credit card directory .
Credit Card Application Rules
If you plan to apply for multiple new cards, keep in mind the ever-changing application rules for each issuer including:
- American Express: one signup bonus per lifetime on each card; maximum of five credit cards at a time (unlimited charge cards); one credit card application plus unlimited charge card applications in one day.
- Citi: won’t allow a bonus if you’ve opened or closed a card in the same brand in the last 24 months; 2 applications per 65 days (1 every 8 days).
- Capital One: One application per day. 1 application every 6 months.
- Chase: See the 5/24 rules above.
Did you pick up new cards last year for the bonus? What are your plans for this year?
More on Credit Cards
- How Much Do Credit Inquiries Really Matter? 
- Your Guide to Free Credit Scores, Reports and Monitoring 
- How Much Do We Have in Credit Limits? Over $1,000,000! 
- Are Credit Card Rewards Taxable? 
- Tips and Tricks for Planning Credit Card Application Sprees 
- How to Collect Multiple Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses 
- Avoid Joint Credit Cards to Double Your Sign Up Bonuses 
- Convert Credit Cards Instead of Paying Annual Fees