Posted by Kate on November 6, 2009
This week offers a great $50 bonus to one of our favorite banks, ING Direct. ING always offers the awesome $25 sign up offer for savings accounts.
They’re back with another great opportunity to open an Electric Orange checking account. It’s our Free Money Friday offer this week!
How to Get Your Sign Up Bonus
- Visit ING Direct to sign up for an Electric Orange Checking Account.
- Activate your Electric Orange Debit Card.
- Use your debit card to make at least 3 signature-based purchases in the first 45 days after your account has been opened.
- Get your $50 bonus credited to your account 50 days after it has been opened.
Here’s some more info about the account that you might want to know:
Initial Deposit Requirement: None.
Interest Rates (as of the beginning of this week):
- 0.25% on balances under $50,000
- 1.50% on balances between $50,000 and $99,999.99
- 1.55% on balances $100,000 or higher
Also, don’t forget to check out why we are big fans of ING Direct!
You can get my latest articles full of valuable tips
and other information delivered directly to your email for free
simply by entering your email address below. Your address will never be sold or used for spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Hi, does this require one to have an ING savings account already?
Per ING’s website, you do not need to have another ING DIRECT account in order to apply for Electric Orange!
Hi Kate, thanks for the reply. I just opened an account but it seems that the link you provided will only work if you already have a customer number with ING. So I went on to the website myself and sign up for a checking account directly. When I call customer service to inquire about the sign up bonus, the person told me that I needed a referral link (which I don’t have), and she told me that I’ll only get the $25 sign up bonus.