Happy May Day! As springtime rolls in, it’s time for my semi-annual credit card application spree. We finished up the spending requirements for my husband’s holiday credit card application spree , so it’s back to my turn. If you are following along, here are the details from our other application  sprees  over the past year.
You’ll notice my list is a little shorter this time around. Normally, I wait until I have at least a dozen target cards. However, because there are two limited time offers for free money  I want to take advantage of as soon as possible, I’m planning a quick application spree to pick up the following cards:
Credit Card Application List
- Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard  $440 sign up bonus. I want to get the $400 bonus (plus the $40 bonus on redemptions) on this card before the offer ends and it goes back to the normal $200 bonus.
- Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express.
$500 sign up bonusOffer now expired. This is another limited time offer that I want to pick up before they take it away again.
- Chase Ink Bold Business Card. $500+ sign up bonus. The sign up bonus is worth $625 towards travel when you redeem through Ultimate Rewards. If you remember correctly, I already have this card, but I heard a rumor that you can have a second Ink Bold card if you apply for it under a different business. Since I have various businesses to choose from, I’ll go ahead give it a shot under another business and let you know if it’s a go.
- U.S. Bank FlexPerks Business Travel Rewards . $175 bonus. I have the personal version  of this card and redeeming the bonus via statement credit is easy, so I want to pick up the business version for an easy $175.
- Citi Dividend Platinum Select  $100 cash back. I had to skip this Citi card during my last application spree, since it fell to my 3rd choice (and Citi limits you to 2 new cards at a time). It’s time to circle back and pick up this card along with the $100 sign up bonus.
- Chase Freedom Visa. $100 cash back bonus. I have a Chase Freedom MasterCard already which I use for the rotating cash back . Can I have both versions of this card? Time to find out. This card also has a 0% balance transfer. More on that below.
- Priceline Rewards Visa . $50 sign up bonus. Anytime companies offer a 2% cash back card, I like to scoop it up. My 2% cards make up most of my default purchases that aren’t gift card or category specific.
- USAA Rewards American Express  The USAA card only has a $25 sign up bonus, but I want to pick up this USAA card to open up some other options for cash back at the grocery store since my Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express  will be capped soon. The USAA card has tiered earnings up to 2.25% cash back on gas and grocery purchases. It’s not the best cash back card, but I also like to diversify across banks, and I don’t currently have a USAA card.
More Application Spree Offers for 0% Balance Transfers
In addition to the sign up bonuses, I also continue to play the credit card 0% balance transfer game . I’m planning to scoop up the following cards to flip a few balance transfers expiring soon (in addition to the Chase Freedom card mentioned above):
- Discover it . 0% intro APR for 18 months from the date of the first transfer made by June 10, 2013. There is a 3% balance transfer fee.
- Citi Diamond Preferred Card . 0% Intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 18 months. There is a balance transfer fee of 3%.
The total for all of the sign up bonuses is: $2015 (at the time of writing; bonus amounts change over time). Not bad for a quick 8 card application spree, especially since you can get over $1500 of it with just the first three cards!
More on Credit Card Application Sprees
- How to Collect Multiple Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses 
- How to Prioritize and Maximize Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses 
- How Much Do Credit Inquiries Really Matter? 
- Avoid Joint Credit Cards to Double Your Sign Up Bonuses 
- Credit Card Application Spree Q & A 
- $825 Beginner Credit Card Application Spree 
- Beginner Credit Card Application Spree Q & A