Posted by Madison on August 8, 2014
Santander is offering you a bonus of $20 per month when you use their direct deposit and bill pay features on a Santander checking and savings account.
It’s Free Money Friday and the Santander offer is easy since you can automate it and it will keep repeating!
How to Get Your $20 per Month Sign Up Bonus
- Open an extra20 Santander checking and savings account.
- Make direct deposits of $1,500 or more to your extra20 checking account for a $10 bonus each period.
- Pay two bills using BillPay for another $10 bonus each period.
- Repeat each month to earn $240 per year in bonuses.
Terms and Conditions
- Bonuses will be credited to your extra20 savings account on the first business day after your extra20 checking account service fee period ends.
- Limit 1 extra20 package per person.
- Your bonuses will be reported as interest on a Form 1099-INT in the year received.
- You must qualify for the Direct Deposit bonus to be eligible for the BillPay bonus each period.
More on Santander Checking
Opening the account. A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open a checking account and a minimum deposit of $10 is required to open the savings account.
No cap. There’s no cap on how long you can collect your $20 as long as the product is offered.
Fees. There is a monthly $10 fee on the checking account. You can avoid the fee with $1,500 or more in total direct deposits during the service fee period (which you’ll be doing anyways to get the bonus).
You can get my latest articles full of valuable tips
and other information delivered directly to your email for free
simply by entering your email address below. Your address will never be sold or used for spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Can my two billpays be:
#1. Mortgage payment at another bank?
#2. A payment to my own bank account at another bank (basically transfer funds)?
I can’t imagine they’d have a problem with #1. Since mortgage payments are people’s largest bill, they’d have a lot of problems if they excluded it.
For number 2… what will it look like? If it looks like you are paying a bill, how would they know?
If you give it a try, let us know if it’s successful!