24 Restaurant Birthday Freebies
Since entering adulthood, the excitement of my birthday has dwindled a bit. It’s not the idea of getting older, or even another year going by, but it’s the financial burden. Somehow I end up spending more money than I would on a normal day. Going out to dinner or out for drinks with friends adds up. Of course I’d like to try and do something fun on my birthday, which often can cost as well.
That is why this year I have decided not to spend one cent this year. With the big day a few weeks away, I started trying to figure out how to still have a great day for free. Here is how I’m planning on having a budget-friendly birthday this year with lots of birthday freebies.
Restaurant Birthday Freebies
First, here is a list of great restaurant birthday freebies I have found so far:
- Denny’s: Free grand slam on your birthday which consists of two eggs, two slices of bacon, two sausage links and two pancakes. You need to sign up for Denny’s rewards.
- IHOP: Free breakfast on your birthday when you join the Pancake Revolution Club. Besides that, they also promise to send a free gift after one year of being in the club.
Lunch and Dinner
- Benihana: They e-mailed me a $30 gift certificate. The only stipulation is you can’t use it on alcohol, you can only use it Monday through Thursday, and it cannot be used with any other offer or promotion. I still can’t believe they sent $30!
- Applebee’s: Free appetizer just be signing up and promises a birthday surprise on the way.
- bd’s Mongolian Grill: They e-mailed me a free stir-fry meal. I also received $5 off my next purchase just by signing up.
- Houlihan’s: They sent me a free entrée up to $15.
- Au Bon Pain: Free sandwich or salad.
- Wingstop: One free order of fresh cut fries.
- Ruby Tuesday’s: One free burger on your birthday.
- Qdoba: Just for signing up, I got the choice of free chips and salsa or a free drink. The sign up says I’ll also get a special birthday gift. When you join the program, you also get points for what you spend. Once you have a certain amount of points, you get free food.
- Chili’s: When I signed up, I instantly received a coupon for a free chips and queso. A birthday gift is said to come later.
- Miller’s Ale House: Sign up to receive a free gift on your birthday.
- Fuddrucker’s: Receive a free gift for joining and a free gift on your birthday.
- Max & Erma’s: Sign up to receive coupons for your birthday, offers for free food, and $5 off coupons.
- Carrabba’s Italian Kitchen: Join the Amici Club for a free appetizer.
- Bravo Cucina Italiano: For joining the e-club, I instantly received a free appetizer up to $12. The e-mail promises gifts for birthday and my wedding anniversary as well.
- Texas De Brazil: One free dinner with the purchase of a first dinner.
- Baker’s Square: Just for signing up, you get a free dinner with the purchase of an adult dinner and two drinks. You are promised a birthday surprise, which is most likely pie.
Dessert and Sweet Treats
- Champps Americana: Free dessert with the purchase on an entrée.
- Ben and Jerry: Free scoop of ice cream and a discount off any ice cream cake.
- Cold Stone: Free ice cream creation when you buy any creation.
- Baskin Robbins: Free scoop of ice cream and a discount off an ice cream cake.
- Dairy Queen: Free ice cream on your birthday.
- TGI Fridays: One free dessert with any entrée.
Entertainment & Retail Birthday Freebies
In addition to the restaurant birthday freebies, here are some additional entertainment and retail birthday freebies to help you celebrate:
- Brunswick Zone: Two free games of bowling.
- iPic theatre: Free premium movie ticket.
Retail Birthday Freebies
- Old Navy: $10 coupon for purchase of $50.
- DSW Shoes: $5 off coupon.
- Bebe: By signing up as a rewards member, you’re able to receive points per purchase and later use points for items at the store. They say they also send something for your birthday.
Tips for Birthday Freebies and Deals
With all of these deals and the deals you may find yourself, it can get a little overwhelming. Here are some tips for maximizing your savings:
- With any coupons and offers, be sure to read the fine print. Many of these coupons have certain stipulations like no alcohol, limit one coupon or deal per table, or you can’t use with any other promotion.
- Be sure to bring your ID as well since many places will want to confirm it’s really your birthday and the name matches.
- Tell the waitress or waiter about the coupon before ordering.
- Keep an eye on the expiration date. Many give you a few days after your birthday to use the offer.
- With some of these offers, you have to sign up by giving your e-mail address. Consider making an alternative e-mail account for coupons and deals so your personal or work account isn’t getting cluttered.
- Fill out the sign up correctly. Many times, a form will ask for your zip code or favorite location of the restaurant or store. Be sure to fill out the specific location you’d like to go. Often the coupon or deal sent to you will only be good for that specific one. For me, there are instances where I prefer a certain restaurant that’s a little further so entering just my zip would not be good enough.
- Keep your coupons and deals organized. If you receive a deal you’re not interested in, delete it immediately. You can create folders in your e-mail account to keep your deals organized.
Please keep in mind some of these restaurants and venues are regional and not available everywhere. Even if you end up at a restaurant that doesn’t offer a deal, mention it’s your birthday. Almost anytime I’ve been celebrating at a restaurant, the waiter or waitress has brought out a small dessert or a free drink.
Have a great birthday this year!