Posted by Kate on October 9, 2009
Bank of America is pretty good about offering sign up bonuses for new customers and their latest one is our Free Money Friday offer this week! Bank of America is giving new customers $100 for opening a new checking account with them.
How to Get Your Sign Up Bonus
- Open a qualifying personal checking account with a minimum of $500 by December 31, 2009.
- Use offer code: AOU261009
- Leave your checking account open for at least 30 days and make at least one transaction with your new check card.
- Your $100 will be deposited into your account within 90 days of your opening it.
Terms and Conditions
- Limit one offer per household.
- This offer is available only to new customers who open a new qualifying personal checking account.
- The new customer is not eligible for this offer if they were a signer on a Bank of America checking account that was closed within the last three months.
- Offer does not apply to Bank of America associates, current checking customers or student checking accounts.
Bank of America Checking Details
- No monthly maintenance fee. There is no monthly maintenance fee when you open this account online.
- Online Banking Service with Bill Pay. Bill pay is offered as a free service with this checking account.
- Free ATM’s. Get free access to Bank of America‘s more than 18,000 free ATM’s across the country.
You can get my latest articles full of valuable tips
and other information delivered directly to your email for free
simply by entering your email address below. Your address will never be sold or used for spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Thank you! I have been waiting and watching B of A’s offer go up. They started at $25 and I was tempted at $75 but I waited for them to hit 3 digits. Thanks!
I don’t feel good about this one.
Do we, as careful consumers, really want to support a mega institution that has taken 20 Billion in tax payer monies,given their disgraced CEO a 50+ million dollar payout?
What about their usurious fees?
Why not support your local bank or credit union, who are probably struggling to survive against this behemoth and its ilk?
This is a case of no such thing as a free lunch…
Careful Rob, although CU’s are good – they don’t offer a customer anything a bigger bank can’t. In these tough times, thats what its about. $100 is a nice reward for doing nothing. There are NO usurious fees, its all fee-less.
This is a free lunch, and we are hungry.
I tend to fall on the fence between Rob & Joey. On the one hand, I disapprove of the mega corporations’ dealings after they get bailed out from our government, but on the other hand – I didn’t mind that $75, as I missed the $100 deal.
For me, the “free lunch” wasn’t the selling point, rather the immediate response time on the banking website. I make a debit, bam, I use my credit card, bam. Wachovia, no deal – Suntrust, same thing.
Anyone who’s used BoA and had another bank before it can at least admit their website has it down-packed.