I’m watching the news carefully to see if the House and Senate can reach an agreement today on the economic stimulus bill. It could impact many of us and I’m sure whatever the final version is, we’ll have lots to discuss!
Economic Stimulus Bill
CNN highlights some differences between the two bills that they must compromise on:
- The Senate version provides tax breaks for individuals making $70,000 or less, or for couples making $140,000 a year or less. That’s different from the $150,000 in the House bill.
- The Senate bill, unlike the House version, would make the first $2,400 in unemployment benefits tax-free.
- The Senate bill includes an amendment that would let those who buy a car in 2009 deduct the sales tax and loan interest payments. The House bill doesn’t include that provision.
- The Senate bill doubles the House’s tax credit for first-time home buyers to $15,000, a measure championed by Republicans in the Senate.
Looking for an assistant. In case you missed it, I’m looking to hire a virtual assistant! If you are interested, please contact me. With a new baby on the way, I’m going to be a little short on time this summer. Update: I was overwhelmed with responses for the virtual assistant; at this time I won’t be taking any more inquiries.
Contest Site. The contest channel has moved to its own site: Simply Contests. Same great contests and freebies, different location!
PineCone Research. PineCone Research is my favorite paid survey site. I’ve been a member for years, but it’s hard to get in since they only accept new members periodically. I just got an email that I can recommend membership to my friends and and family. Since you are all my friends, here’s the registration referral: PineCone Research. Please note, they only accept one person per household.
Experian pulls FICO score. Effective February 14th, Experian will no longer allow consumers to view their FICO scores based upon Experian data. FICO scores from Equifax and TransUnion will continue to be available at Free FICO Scores & Credit Reports. If you want to know your FICO score from Experian, find out before the end of the week!
- Save Money on Valentine’s Day (17 Tips Inside)
- Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas: Use Ebates, Get Cash Back
- Valentine’s Day Deals At ProFlowers
- Money Saving Tips for Kids on Valentine’s Day
By The Numbers
- Top 6 Reasons Why High School Students Think You Should Invest
- 7 Things Your Insurance Company or Agent Won’t Tell You
- 7 Steps for Achieving a Super Simple Life
- Zero-Based Budgets For The Home: A Primer
- Ask the Readers: Is It Unethical to Work a Second Job?
- What is Your Financial Fallback Plan?
- How to Choose an Online Savings Account
- How to Take Advantage of the Market After the Crash of 2008
- Stamps for First Class Mail to Increase to 44 Cents in May – Chart of the Day
- The Best Organization Resources on the Web
- Should Economic Stimulus Money Include Free Financial Advisors for the General Public?
- How I made a courageous decision to become an entrepreneur
- Carnival of Personal Finance – Wizard of Oz Edition
- Hot Free Money Deals: Barclaycard $440+