US Bank is running a summer promotion for a $150 sign up bonus on their checking account. As part of the promotion, you can win a Tesla Model S or $100,000.
Even though giveaways are fun, we’ll focus on the $150 bonus since everyone can get it as our Free Money Friday offer this week.
How to Get Your $150 Sign Up Bonus
- Open a new U.S. Bank Consumer Checking Account by September 12, 2014.
- Use the code 150POWR.
- Make direct deposits totaling at least $500 OR complete three or more online bill pay transactions by October 31, 2014.
- Get a $150 cash bonus.
Terms and Conditions
- Excludes student checking account.
- The cash bonus will be deposited into your new Checking Account within 60 days of Direct Deposit or Bill Pay verification, as long as your account is open and does not have a negative balance.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other Checking Account cash bonus offers, is not valid if you have received a Checking Account cash bonus in 2014, or if you have an existing U.S. Bank Checking Account.
More on US Bank Checking
Opening the account. A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open the account.
Checking Fees. Depending on which checking account you choose (easy, silver, or gold) there is a monthly maintenance fee unless your monthly direct deposits are $1,000 or your average account balance is $1,500. If you choose the gold account you can avoid the fee with a U.S. Bank personal loan, line or US Bank credit card.
Stacking Bonuses. When I filled out the application, it showed that the silver and gold checking accounts qualified for the START program where you can earn $100 in rewards.
Credit Card. To avoid the monthly fee, I opted for the gold account using my credit card. However, if you don’t have one, an easy card to use is the U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card since it has no annual fee.
You can get my latest articles full of valuable tips
and other information delivered directly to your email for free
simply by entering your email address below. Your address will never be sold or used for spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.