Posted by Kate on March 12, 2010
This week’s Free Money Friday is a really great one! SunTrust is offering a $150 bonus for becoming an online banking customer with them!
How to Get Your $150 Bonus
- Open a new SunTrust personal checking account between February 1, 2010 and April 30, 2010.
- You’ll receive $50 when you enroll the account in the promotion via suntrust.com/solid and make 3 bill payments within the next 2 calendar months.
- To receive the additional $100, just continue to make at least 3 payments per month for the next consecutive 3 months.
- Your bonus will arrive within 10 weeks after the last bill payment is processed.
SunTrust Terms and Conditions
- Valid for U.S. Residents, age 18 or older.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
- SunTrust personal checking account must be open and in good standing at the time the bonus is paid.
Tips and Tricks
Madison is working on opening an account with SunTrust this week. Here are some additional tips she had about this promotion:
- Don’t miss the step about enrolling in the promotion. You must do that separately from opening the account.
- You should be able to schedule all the bill payments right away. Just make sure to space them out according to the requirements.
- Watch out for closing account fees for closing the account within 6 months or by mail.
- No household limits are mentioned, so you should be able to double up with your spouse to earn an easy $300!
You can get my latest articles full of valuable tips
and other information delivered directly to your email for free
simply by entering your email address below. Your address will never be sold or used for spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.
I love free money. It’s hard to come by nowa days. Thanks for the tip.
Already opened mine, now to open hubby’s! Love free money 🙂
Thanks for the heads up and tips!
You can also get $100 if you already have a checking account. You will need to register the account in the program and make 3 transactions per month for the next three months using bill pay. The only catch is that you could not have made a bill pay transaction since December 20909. Since most of my payments are through automatic draft or on my rewards card, I was able to register my primary and secondary accounts.
SunTrust loves free money as well..to the tune of 4.85 BILLION in TARP funds.
Like Citi, they were notorious “double dippers.”
Selling yourselves for 150 seems mighty cheap.
Why not support your local credit union or regional bank while they are still in business?
Gotta love the competition that all the financial institutions are facing now. They are trying so hard to win over new customers that they can even come up with crazy deals like this. Oh well…sucks to be them…great to be a customer tho 😉
BE WARE OF SUNTRUST FONEY PROMOTIONS!!!!Suntrust does not HONOR THEIR PROMOTIONS!!! I did the free round trip airline ticket for 2 and Sndtrust did not PAY UP! I did the swipe the card for credit and get $10 to $15. I had to go into the branck several times for Suntrust to PAY UP! Now I signed up for the $100 bonus for 3 Bill Pay in March of 2010. Today, May 18, 2010; Suntrust claims that they don’t show my signup and they did not pay my credits that I signed up for AUTO BILL PAY. Now I owe late charges to my creditors and they don’t want to give me my bonus of $100.00. I went into the local branch and they gave me step by step instruction on how to get the $100.00 for 3 Bill Pay online. I immediately came home and did it; step by step.
They’ve got another $100 bonus on at the moment .