Republished on: January 22, 2016:
I picked up the BankAmericard Travel Rewards card last fall in my $4,420 Credit Card Application Spree .
I’m revisiting this card since they just announced a Preferred Rewards program that will increase the bonuses on the card above the standard 1.5 points per dollar!
The Bank of America sign up bonus is 20,000 points. The points can be redeemed for $200 towards your next travel purchase with their BOA Travel Rewards card.
It’s Free Money  Friday!
How to Get Your $200 Bonus
- Sign up for the BankAmericard Travel Rewards* credit card.
- Make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days.
- Receive 20,000 points.
- Redeem points for a $200 statement credit towards travel purchases.
*Find and compare all current credit card offers in our credit card directory .
Bank of America Terms and Conditions
- No annual fee.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Limit one (1) bonus points offer per new account.
Preferred Rewards Program
You can now earn a 10%-75% points bonus on your total purchases when you have a Bank of America deposit account and meet certain balance requirements:
- Base Tier: 10% bonus (1.650 points)
- Gold Tier ($20,000 – $50,000): 25% bonus (1.875 points)
- Platinum Tier ($50,000 – $100,000 ) 50% bonus (2.250 points)
- Platinum Honors Tier ($100,000+) 75% bonus (2.625 points)
I’m going to explore this new rewards program since I already have the card. There’s an opportunity to move over an investment account to meet the balance requirements. It may just be worth it to hold a card earning 2.625 points per dollar!
More on Bank of America
Earning Points. Earn 1.5 points for every $1 you spend on all purchases. Your points don’t expire.
Redeeming Points. You can redeem your points for a statement credit to pay for flights, hotels, vacation packages, cruises, rental cars, or baggage fees.
Intro APR for Purchases. 0% Introductory APR for the first 12 Statement Closing Dates following the opening of your account.