Posted by Kate on October 8, 2010
It’s back! The American Express offer that was popular last spring comes through for us again this week with a great opportunity to score some points worth the equivalent of about $250!
It’s Free Money Friday, but you’ll have to hurry, this offer is only good for four days!
How to Get Your 25,000 American Express Membership Rewards Points
- Sign up for the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card by October 12, 2010.
- Enroll in the Membership Rewards program and charge $2,000 of eligible purchases in your first three months of Card membership.
- Redeem the points for anything offered through the American Express Membership Rewards program, including airfare and gift cards. The 25,000 points easily convert into $250 in gift cards.
American Express Terms and Conditions
- Pay no annual fee the first year but $175 thereafter.
- Eligible purchases do not include cash and cash equivalent transactions (including balance transfers, convenience checks, and cash advances), finance charges, fees, and purchase credit adjustments.
- Offer not available to existing consumer American Express Charge Cardmembers.
More on American Express Membership Rewards
Earning Points. You always earn 3x points on airfare, 2x points on gas and groceries, and 1 point on everything else.
Redeeming Points. You can redeem your points through the American Express Membership Rewards program, which offers a wide selection of travel, shopping and dining rewards and they have no expiration date.
You can get my latest articles full of valuable tips
and other information delivered directly to your email for free
simply by entering your email address below. Your address will never be sold or used for spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.
If the card is cancelled at the end of the first year do any conditions apply?
I’m assuming you mean to avoid the annual fee. We’ve often opened cards just for the first year, but closed them before the fee is charged. We’ve never had a problem doing that.