We joined Costco. And I’ve only been there 5 times in 8 days! Thanks for all your suggestions; we knew exactly what to look for. Now I just need to get my True Earnings Credit Card for Costco and I’ll be all set.
Also on my checklist for today is tuning my TiVo for a couple upcoming shows:
Oprah. Tune in to Oprah today! Supposedly the guest is one of the “thriftiest families in America.” In addition, viewers across the country will share their money-saving secrets. I’ll check it out and report back if I learn anything new.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. On Sunday, the house will be one from our area. (Actually it’s in a rural area an hour from here). It was all over the news when they rebuilt it and I know a few people who volunteered.
Marriage and Divorce
This past weekend we attended a wedding for some friends. It makes me think back to our wedding day in 2003 and think about how wonderful it was. In the same weekend, we also heard about a family member who is filing for divorce and will probably spend a lot of time in court fighting over both custody and money. Both of these events have a significant financial impact on your finances.
Divorce – A Wealth Killer
I hope my husband and I never have to deal with this. Divorce is a financial nightmare. If you are facing this, here are some tips.
Combining Finances When Getting Married.
They combined all their money. We did the same. For the most part it works for us.
Joint Accounts: How We Budget Deposits and Withdrawals
A couple who uses the proportional budgeting method.
Marriage and Careers in a Bad Economy
Lots of marriage money articles for those of you tying the knot.
Why Cash Offers More Flexibility Than Gift Cards
What to give the new couple? Think twice before giving a gift card.
Five Tips for Reducing Your Debt
Breaking it into small pieces will no doubt make the task more manageable.
Back To Basics: Debt-Free Is The Path To Financial Success
Debt myths revealed and the advantages of being debt free.
3 Different Debt Payoff Strategies
Want to know where to start? Here’s a few choices.
Get Out Of Debt – It Isn’t A Race
Pace yourself and in the end, you’ll be more than proud of yourself!
It wouldn’t be right without our obligatory nod to the financial world around us:
- The Foreclosure Crisis Hits Close to Home, Part 2
- Pros and Cons of Raising the Limits of FDIC Protection
- Foreclosure Alley’s Personal Stories of Financial Loss: The Aftermath of Foreclosure
- Why the bailout won’t work
- Free Creative Ideas to Help Friends Facing Foreclosure or Bankruptcy
- Plan for the Holidays: 12 Weeks To an Enjoyable Christmas
- Reining in Holiday Spending and Stress
- Sales tax holidays, fall editions, underway
More articles I enjoyed this week:
- Is Gold a Good Choice to Hedge against Inflation?
- How Ignorance Can Lead to Success
- Three Easy Ways to Limit the Advertising in Your Life
- Hot Free Money Deals: Barclaycard $440+