We’re half way through the year. It’s a great time to do a mid-year checkup of your financial situation. Here are a few of the topics that I like to revisit in the summer to make sure that we are on track!
1. Asset allocation rebalancing. Have you rebalanced your portfolio lately? With the decline in the market lately you could be overweighted in bonds. With stock prices down, you will be forced to sell your bonds high and buy your stocks low, just like you are supposed to!
3. Long term goals. Have you set long term goals and put a plan together to achieve those goals? No time like the present to work on them!
4. Set aside money for the holidays. Now is a great time to start saving for the holidays. By December you’ll have money ready to go. If you are a bargain shopper, make your lists now and keep your eye out for sales.
5. Use your vacation time. Make sure that you are using vacation. Sometimes people get so wrapped up in work, they don’t take time off. Instead of being forced to use it all at the end of the year, spend some now while the weather is nice. (As I write this… I’m enjoying my 2+ week vacation!)
6. Read your social security statement. Depending on when your birthday is, you may or may not have received your statement this year. When you get it, did you review all the numbers?
7. Tax withholding. Are you making the amount of income you estimated when you set your withholding level? Now is a great time to make an adjustment using the IRS withholding calculator.
You can get my latest articles full of valuable tips and other information delivered directly to your email for free simply by entering your email address below. Your address will never be sold or used for spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Advertiser Disclosure: MyDollarPlan.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The offers that appear on this site are from companies which MyDollarPlan.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site, including, for example. the order in which they may appear within listing categories. Other factors, such as our own proprietary website rules and the likelihood of applicants' credit approval also impact how and where products appear on this site. MyDollarPlan.com does not include the entire universe of available financial or credit offers.