When I highlighted the new US Bank Checking $150 Sign Up Bonus  I mentioned that the bonus offer also qualified for the START rewards program.
How to Get Your $100 Sign Up Bonus
- Open a new (or use your existing) START program  Silver, Gold or Platinum Checking account and a Package Money Market Savings account.
- Enroll in the START program and set up automatic transfers from your checking to your money market account.
- When you save $1,000 you’ll earn a $50 U.S. Bank Rewards Visa Card.
- Keep that $1,000 or more for a year and earn another $50 Rewards Card.
Terms and Conditions
- Enrollment is required. A qualifying transfer from your Package Checking account to your Package Money Market Savings account must be scheduled and maintained.
- You must open and/or maintain an active U.S. Bank Package, including a Silver, Gold or Platinum Checking account AND a Package Money Market Savings account.
- The U.S. Bank Rewards Visa Card cannot be reloaded with additional funds, nor can it be used at an ATM.
More on US Bank Checking
Opening the account. A minimum deposit of $25 each is required to open the checking account and the money market savings account.
Checking Fees. Just like the $150 bonus there is a monthly maintenance fee unless your monthly direct deposits are $1,000 or your average account balance is $1,500. If you choose the gold account you can avoid the fee with a U.S. Bank personal loan, line or US Bank credit card .
Stacking Bonuses. When I filled out the application for the US Bank Checking $150 Sign Up Bonus , it showed that the silver and gold checking accounts qualified for the START program  so it looks like you can earn both bonuses.
Credit Card. To avoid the monthly fee, I opted for the gold account using my credit card. However, if you don’t have one, an easy card to use is the U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card  since it has no annual fee.