TurboTax  is rolling out a new program this year called Absolute Zero.
For a limited time only TurboTax will offer free federal and state tax filing . This is the first time that TurboTax has offered completely free filing (with no extra fees for filing your state return).
The free returns apply to simple returns using the TurboTax Federal Free Edition ; if you file using the Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business versions you will still need to pay for it. It’s Free Money  Friday!
How to File Your Free Tax Return
- Start your tax return at TurboTax .
- File a 1040EZ or 1040A tax return.
- Pay $0 for federal, $0 for state, and $0 to file.
Terms and Conditions
- Actual prices are determined at the time of print or efile and are subject to change without notice. Offer may change or end at any time without notice. Simple returns; 1040EZ/A filers only.
- Internet access required; standard message and data rates apply to download and use mobile app features and content.
- Customer service and product support (phone or chat) vary by time of year. Phone support not included with Free Edition.
- Fastest tax refund with efile and direct deposit; tax refund timeframes will vary.
More on Turbo Tax
Begin Filing. You can start your return now; the IRS will begin accepting returns soon. For more see When is the Earliest You Can File Taxes?