I just stumbled on a great Free Money  offer.
It’s especially timely for those of you who are working on your taxes this weekend and want to add an IRA contribution for 2010.
Since the ING Direct offer expires in the next few days, we’re featuring a special weekend edition of the Free Money series!
How to Get Your $50 IRA Sign Up Bonus
- Open a new ING Direct IRA.
- Deposit $200 into your account by February 7, 2011.
- Get $50 deposited into your IRA by February 28, 2011.
$75 Bonus for New ING Direct Customers
If you don’t already have an ING Direct account, you can earn $75 in bonuses:
- Open an ING savings account first to get the $25 Signup Bonus .
- The proceed with the steps above to get the $50 IRA bonus.
ING Direct Terms and Conditions
- The bonus will be considered a 2011 contribution and counts towards your annual IRA contribution limit .
- The bonus will be reported to the IRS on form 5498.
- You must have earned income in 2011 to qualify.
More on the ING Direct IRAs
Roth IRA Option. When I login at the bonus link, ING Direct gives you the option to open a traditional or Roth IRA. The bonus page does not specify whether the bonus is limited to either type of IRA, so I’m going to assume at this point it includes both IRAs in the bonus.
Available Investments. You can invest your IRA in CDs ranging from 6 months to 60 months or a savings account. The accounts are FDIC insured.
No fees. The IRA has no fees or minimums.
I already have an IRA at ING Direct, so I’ll be opening a Roth IRA for my husband this weekend to take advantage of the bonus.