Fidelity is sweetening the deal for you to start using your recently converted Fidelity Rewards 2% Cash Back Credit Card .
After the switch from American Express to Elan this summer, they just sent out mailers reminding you to activate your card.
Open it! I almost threw it away since it just looks like a reminder to activate your card… but inside is a $100 bonus offer (or another amount if your letter has a different offer) for using the card for the next 60 days. I love bonus offers that are for existing cardholders!
The offer is targeted. We have three Fidelity accounts; two had offers and one did not.
Here’s a picture of the front of my mailer and what you are looking for:
It’s our Free Money  Friday offer.
How to Get Your Bonus
- Dig your offer out of your recycle bin to locate your offer.
- If you can’t find your offer in the mail, call cardmember service at 888-551-5144.
- Ask if there is a spending bonus on your account for the next 60 days.
- The spending bonuses on my two accounts were:
- Spend $2,000 by October 31, 2016 to earn 10,000 bonus points ($100 cash back).
- Spend $1,000 by October 31, 2016 to earn 5,000 bonus points ($50 cash back).
Terms and Conditions
- Promotion period is from September 1, 2016 through October 31, 2016.
- The additional bonus points will be credited to your account 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion period.
- This offer may not apply if your credit card has changed to a different type of card within the last 12 weeks or changes before additional dollars are applied.
More on Fidelity
Earning Points. Since the card earns 2% cash back, your bonus will be in addition to your regular points. The bonus offers will be worth 7% cash back (2% +5% = 7%).
2% Cash Back? Since I had to call to find out about the offers on our accounts (the mailer doesn’t indicate which account the bonus is for!) I questioned why one of our three accounts only earns 1.5% cash back instead of 2%. The service rep said that they will be mailing out offers in 6 months to convert the 1.5% cash back cards to 2% cards. I put a note in my calendar to follow up in six months… you may want to do the same.
Use at Costco. After the switch to Visa this will now be one of the Best Credit Cards to Maximize Cash Back at Costco  edging out the Chase Freedom with 5% quarterly rotating cash back  right now.
Redeeming Points. You can automatically redeem your cashback as a $50 deposit into your Fidelity account after you reach 5,000 points.
Link Your Account. You need to link your card to your Fidelity account online. Once you link your account redemptions will happen automatically.