After earning $1450 Cashback from Discover  recently, anything with a Discover bonus catches my eye.
With Discover on my mind, I was pleased to find a Discover Cashback Checking  $50 bonus offer in the mail. Normally, it would have gone straight to the recycle bin!
The Discover bank checking account also offers rewards in addition to the sign up bonus. How exciting for Free Money  Friday!
How to Get Your $50 Sign Up Bonus
- To be eligible, you first need a Discover card  or Discover bank account to qualify.
- Open a new Discover Bank checking  account by December 15, 2014.
- Keep your account open until January 19, 2015.
- Earn a $50 credit on your checking account.
Terms and Conditions
- Limit 1 per customer and 1 per account.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Bonus will be issued by 1/19/15 as a credit to your Cashback Checking account, which must be open when issued.
- Offer is available only to current Discover credit card members or deposit customers, excluding current or previous Cashback Checking customers.
More on Discover Checking
Minimum Balance. There is no minimum balance on the checking account.
Fees. There are no monthly maintenance fees for the checking account.
Rewards. In addition to the bonus, you can earn cashback on your checking account up to 100 transactions each month:
- $0.10 for purchases made using your Discover Debit Card.
- $0.10 for bills paid using the Online Bill Payment service.
- $0.10 for checks you write that clear your account.
Earn More with Discover
In addition to the checking offer, here are additional opportunities to earn rewards with Discover :