If your college student is looking to start building credit, this week’s Free Money Friday  offer from Citi could be a great fit.
The Citi Thank You Preferred card has a $25 sign-up bonus, which always makes me smile and reminds me of my college days when I used to make money signing up for bonus offers!
Just be sure that if you are considering a credit card as a college student that you make a commitment to always pay it off every month and don’t carry a balance. The signup bonus isn’t worth anything in the long run if you spend more in interest.
How to Get Your $25 Bonus
- Sign up for the Citi Thank You Preferred Card for College Students*.
- Spend $500 on your card within 3 months.
- Earn 2,500 Thank You points!
*Find and compare all current credit card offers in our credit card directory .
Terms and Conditions
- No annual fee.
- Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you have had a ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 24 months.
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of ThankYou Points you can earn with this card.
More on Citi Thank You Preferred
Earning Cash. Earn 2x points on dining out and entertainment and 1x points on all other purchases with your card.
Redeeming Points. Make sure you review the best ways to maximize redemption of your Citi Thank You points . In it, you’ll find that you can redeem Thank you points on student loans for 1 cent per point.
$150 Bonus Option. If you are not a college student and have strong credit, you may be interested in the same card with a higher bonus. The Citi Thank You Preferred card currently offers a 15,000 point bonus ($150) when you spend $1,000 in purchases in 3 months.