It’s time for Free Money  Friday! A reader, Barry, recently told me a about a $200 checking offer, so I went looking for one to share with readers.
I found an offer for a checking account sign up bonus from Chase . It’s worth $200! But you’ll have to hurry, it expires August 15.
How to Get Your Sign Up Bonus
- Open a Chase Total Checking  account by August 15, 2013.
- Deposit a minimum of $100 within 10 business days.
- Set up direct deposit within 60 days.
- Get $200 into your new Chase checking account within 10 business days!
Terms and Conditions
- Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers.
- Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security ) from your employer or the government.
- The bonus cannot be used as the opening deposit.
- You can only receive one new checking account-related bonus per calendar year.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- If your checking account is closed within six months, they will deduct the bonus amount at closing.
- No service fee. Chase Total Checking  has no Monthly Service Fee when you do any one of the following each statement period:
- Option 1: Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more made to this account.
- Option 2: Keep the daily balance in your checking account at or above $1,500.
- Option 3: Keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances. Otherwise a $12 Monthly Service Fee will apply ($10 Monthly Service Fee for CA, OR and WA).
- Benefits. With Chase, you have access to over 19,500 Chase ATMs (with no need for deposit slips for checks), 24/7 Customer Service and Chase Online> Bill Pay.