I’ll admit, my personality is a tad bit compulsive. It wasn’t enough just to buy in bulk  to save money on groceries . And even converting to once a month grocery shopping  and considering buying a cow  didn’t end the frugal grocery shopping roller coaster I’m currently riding.
Once a Month Cooking
But now, it’s gone to a whole new level. I shopped last weekend for hours and I am all prepared for a once a month cooking marathon this weekend, thanks to once a month mom . If all goes well, at the end of the day on Saturday I should have 30 meals prepared and in the freezer, eliminating the need to cook for a month!
Tricia at once a month mom, not only prepares the menu  based on items currently on sale, but converts the recipes to be compatible with freezer storage, gives you a grocery list based on the number of people in your family, and optimized instructions for the big cooking day, eliminating any need for planning on my part.
I’m excited, but honestly a little terrified at what’s in store for me this weekend. I can pour over details of Roth IRAs , credit card bonuses , and asset allocation  for 7 hours straight, but I don’t know if the same can be said about cooking!
Can Once a Month Cooking Save Money?
Ideally, if I have a freezer full of pre-cooked meals, we won’t eat out as much, saving money not only on groceries, but on dining out… another big hole in our budget. Obviously, this should be a timesaver, but will this actually save money? I don’t know yet, but I am game for finding out. And I’d be interested to hear from any of you who have done something similar.
I’ll do my best to provide updates on Facebook  this weekend!
Have you ever done once a month cooking? Did it save you money?
- The Devastating Effect of Cashing Out Your 401(k) 
- Can I Retire? by Mike Piper Reviewed 
- Reader Story: Saving for Retirement with More Than Mutual Funds 
- Should You Invest in the Stock Market or Hold Cash? 
- Socially Responsible Investing 
- Why Would You Want CDs in Your Portfolio? 
By the Numbers
- 10 Ways to Create Your Own Good Luck 
- 4 Reasons to Switch to a Credit Union 
- 10 Concrete Tips To Dine Out For Less: Save Money When Eating Out 
- 8 Ways to Waste Your Cash Back