The Ohio 529 College Advantage $25 bonus is back! It’s by far the most popular Free Money  Friday deal at My Dollar Plan.
And this time it’s better than ever with increased payouts for referring friends and family!
How to Earn Your $25 Referral Bonus
- Open a new Ohio 529 College Advantage  account by
December 15, 2009. The program is back: College Advantage $25+ Sign Up Bonus .
- Use the referral code: 2323158.
- Fund your account with $25.
- Get a $25 credit to your account within 7-10 business days after your account is established.
How to Earn $75 More from the Ohio 529
Once you sign up, or if you already have an account, you can earn more by referring your family members. (This is where it comes in handy to have a spouse or lots of kids!)
- After opening the initial account for one child, login and send yourself a referral.
- Open a second account for another child.
- Earn $75 more ($50 referral bonus and a $25 sign up bonus), for a total of $100 in 529 bonus money.
- Rinse and repeat for all the family members in your house.
The deal is even sweeter this time around, because they increased the referral bonuses to $50 and they are allowing account owners to get unlimited referral bonuses!
Ohio 529 College Advantage Accounts
We have 13 accounts with the Ohio 529 College Advantage  program (and of course I’ll open 2 more for our new baby during this promotion).
Want to know why? (Besides being a superfan that keeps signing up for their sign up bonuses!)
- No account fees. There are no maintenance fees or enrollment fees.
- Low management fees. They offer cheap Vanguard index funds; I like the Vanguard 500 index fund with a 0.19% expense ratio.
- Low minimum. It’s only $25 to open an account.
- No residence restrictions. You don’t have to live in Ohio to open an account; Ohio residents get a state tax deduction.
- No kids needed. Just enroll and list yourself (or your spouse, if you have one) as the beneficiary.