The $100 IRA bonus is our Free Money  Friday.
How to Earn Your $100 Bonus
- Open a Navy Federal IRA .
- Deposit $50 in an IRA within 45 days after account opening.
- Get up to $100 bonus deposited into your new IRA account within 30 days.
Navy Federal Terms and Conditions
- Navy Federal reserves the right to end or modify these offers at any time.
- Only one IRA bonus per member.
- Offer effective February 25, 2013.
- Offer only available to members who open their first IRA account at Navy Federal during the promotional period.
- The IRA bonus will be credited to your IRA in the form of a dividend and will not be reportable as a contribution.
More on Navy Federal
IRA Certificates. The Special EasyStart Certificate has an impressive 3.50% APY. It has a $50 minimum and $3,000 maximum. It also requires direct deposit and checking within 90 days. If you don’t want to add those options you can also get the EasyStart Certificate at 1.50% APY with a $100 minimum and no maximum.
Membership. In order to join Navy Federal Credit Union, if you aren’t already a member, you or a family member must qualify  as Department of Defense. However, for those of us who aren’t military and were members of USA Federal a few years ago, we are grandfathered in! If you don’t qualify and still need to fund an IRA this weekend, check out some of the other IRA sign up bonuses .
Funding Account. When I opened my account, the only option was to fund it through my share (savings) account since I don’t have a checking account there. I had to fund the share account first, then transfer it to the new IRA.
IRA Limits. The IRA limits  are across all your accounts. If you already funded your IRAs for last year, be sure to designate the current year!