12/12/2012 Update: All of the gift cards have been redeemed at this time. We are evaluating the results of the program and will consider re-opening it in the future. Thank you to all those who participated!
I’m really excited to roll out our new My Dollar Plan rewards program! Rewarding our most loyal fans and readers is our way of saying thank you for all you do!
How to Earn Amazon Gift Cards
- Sign up for the My Dollar Plan rewards program by clicking the Earn Points Now! banner below. Email readers will need to visit the article  to sign up.
- Earn points for various activities at My Dollar Plan.
- Redeem your points for Amazon Gift cards .
How to Earn Points
Earning points is easy and we set it up so that you’ll earn points for the things you already do as a reader. And we threw in some extra things too for those of you who are ambitious and strive to overachieve. You can look for the red ribbon next to point earning opportunities throughout the site. Here’s how to earn points:
- Become a fan on Facebook: 100 points
- Recommend on Google: 100 points
- Visiting My Dollar Plan: 100 points per day.
- Liking an article on My Dollar Plan on Facebook: 100 points per day.
- Tweeting about an article: 100 points per day.
- Sharing an article on Google+: 100 points per day.
- Facebook commenting on an article: 100 points per day.
Once you earn points you can redeem them for Amazon gift cards .
- 100,000 points – $100 Amazon Gift Card
- 30,000 points – $25 Amazon Gift Card
- 8,500 points – $5 Amazon Gift Card
Terms and Conditions
- The rewards program is powered by PunchTab .
- You will need a Facebook account to connect with the PunchTab  app.
- One account per person.
- One reward per person at each point level.
- We reserve the right to disqualify accounts if not using the loyalty program as intended.
More on My Dollar Plan Rewards
Gift Cards Available. There are limited quantities of gift cards available. To start out, we’re offering 25 $5 gift cards, 5 $25 gift cards, and 1 $100 gift card. I know reader love Amazon gift cards, which is why I decided to give away all of those instead of different gift cards.
Length of Program. We’re planning to run the rewards program for all of 2012 to make sure readers get a chance to earn the Amazon gift cards. If it’s successful we’ll consider extending it and adding more gift cards. If you have requests for other gift cards, just let me know! I figure the most overambitious readers should be able to hit the first point level before Memorial Day!
Redemption Levels. I don’t have to tell you that it’ll be in your best interest to save up points to redeem for the bigger gift cards. It’s always fun to have a goal to maximize your earning power… hence the better reward values at the top! Once you sign up, you’ll be able to see a leaderboard to see how you stack up against other readers.