May is slowly, but surely getting us back on track with our portfolio. Our portfolio increased 1.4% and brings us to 1038% total increase since the beginning of our dollar plan . The all time high for our portfolio was 1069% back in October.
In addition, our year-to-date return is now only -1.7%.
Reflections on my portfolio this month
Since I decided not to take the early retirement  my pension plan had a significant drop. Luckily some of our other investments made up for that.
Last month, Nickel  wanted to know:
Do you have data going back through the bubble burst? Or does that pre-date your investing?
Since I started investing in 1996 , I was working on putting together a graph for 1996-2002. Unfortunately, it looks like all the old data is stuck in an old version of Microsoft Money somewhere in storage!
Maybe someday when I’m feeling adventurous I’ll try to dig it out, because now I’m interested to see what it would look like!
May Performance Highlights
- Best: Harley Davidson
- Worst: Aqua America
- Best: Spartan Extended Market Index
- Worst: BGI US Debt Index Funds (Bond Index)
Previous 2008 Net Worth Updates:
Check out how others did in May:
- Personal Balance Sheet, May 2008: Net Worth +42.15%! at One Caveman’s Financial Journey
- May 2008 Score Card — Part I: Net Worth  at The Sun’s Financial Diary
- Personal Balance Sheet, May 2008 ($158,793, +7.8%)  at Consumerism Commentary
- May 2008 Net Worth Update (+3.12%)  at Million Dollar Journey
- Net Worth Update – May 2008  at Lazy Man and Money
- Net Worth for May 2008 – I Feel So Stimulated  at My Family’s Money