We’re getting ready to head off on a trip soon, and I’m finally getting around to researching Uber ! Uber is the crowdsourced alternative to a taxi ride. You can request a driver from an app on your mobile phone. The payments are processed directly so you don’t need any cash to pay the driver.
Uber has various promo codes and partnerships that will make our trip to and from the airport free! It’s Free Money  Friday!
How to Get Your Free Uber Ride
- Sign up for an Uber  account.
- Apply the promo code UBERAMEX.
- Take your first Uber ride and pay with your American Express card.
- Get a $30 discount.
Terms and Conditions
- Already an Uber user but never taken a ride? Apply the promo code to your account.
- Discount only applicable to fares paid for with an American Express Card and will only apply to new users on their very first Uber ride.
- Prepaid and Gift Cards not eligible.
- Promotion code must be entered prior to taking first Uber ride.
- Not valid with any other Uber-issued offers.
- Limit one discount per person.
- This offer is valid on all vehicle options, excluding uberT.
- Offer expires on July 31, 2018.
- Available in U.S. only.
More Uber Promotions
American Express Membership Rewards. You can also enroll your American Express  card to earn 2x membership rewards points on Uber purchases. You can also use points to pay for Uber rides.
Starwood. You can link to your Starwood  account to your Uber account to earn Starpoints on your Uber rides.
Referrals. Once you sign up, you can refer friends and family for free rides. You earn a free ride (up to $20) when you refer a friend and they will get their first ride free. I referred my husband, so we will each get another ride in addition to the offer above.