DirecTV is offering a free $100 statement credit.
The offer states it is for the business account, but my credit just came through today with a personal account!
If you are a satellite subscriber, it’s a quick deal to try out for Free Money  Friday!
How to Get Your $100 Statement Credit
- Register a business American Express open card for the DirecTV offer  by January 31, 2015.
- Use that same Card to sign up for DIRECTV for BUSINESS™ service by calling 1-888-707-9423 and spend $100 or more in a single transaction at time of purchase by 3/31/15 (or see the workaround for a personal account below).
- Get $100 back as a one-time statement credit within 90 days.
Terms and Conditions
- To redeem this offer, you must register any eligible Business Card from American Express OPEN on this page between 11/1/14 and 1/31/15.
- You may register more than one Card for this offer, but only those Cards you register individually will be eligible for the one-time statement credit.
- Using your registered Card, you must make a single purchase of $100 or more by 3/31/15.
- Offer is valid for service in the continental US only.
- Limit one statement credit per registered Card.
More on American Express Offer
Personal DirecTV Offer Workaround. Based on various reports at Frequent Miler , I gave it a try with my personal account. I registered my card and paid $100 on my DirecTV account earlier this week. Two days after the charge showed up on my American Express card, the $100 statement credit appeared! It’s worth a shot if you have to pay for DirecTV anyways!
American Express Cards. I used my Simply Cash card. To see which American Express Open cards work, you can enter them in the registration form.
Multiple Credits? I made a $100 payment for January. Now that it worked, I plan to register two more cards and to make two more $100 payments in February and March using different cards. We’ll see if it works!