It’s back! It’s the one many of you were waiting for… the Ohio 529 College Advantage $25 sign up bonus is here. And it’s just in time to celebrate Free Money  Friday deals at My Dollar Plan.
Thanks to a reader, Erlin, for letting me know they brought it back!
How to Earn Your $25 Sign Up Bonus
- Open a new Ohio 529 College Advantage  account by June 30, 2010.
- Use the referral code: 2323158.
- Fund your account with $25.
- Get a $25 credit to your account within 7-10 business days after your account is established.
How to Earn $75+ from College Advantage
Once you sign up, or if you already have an account, you can earn more through the program referring your spouse and opening additional accounts for your kids.
You’ll get $50 for each referral bonus plus the $25 sign up bonus on each account.
Check out my complete step by step directions to add additional accounts .
Ohio 529 College Advantage Accounts
I’ve lost track how many accounts we have with the Ohio 529 College Advantage  program (last time I checked it was 16!)
I always add additional accounts during sign up bonus time, but in reality I actually have a lot of our kids college money in the Ohio 529, since their program is the best.
I even forgo my home state plan with a tax deduction since I like the Ohio plan so much! And we all know, it’s a pretty big deal for me to give up a tax deduction! Here’s why:
- No account fees. There are no maintenance fees or enrollment fees.
- Low management fees. They offer cheap Vanguard index funds; I like the Vanguard 500 index fund with a 0.19% expense ratio.
- Low minimum. It’s only $25 to open an account.
- No residence restrictions. You don’t have to live in Ohio to open an account; Ohio residents get a state tax deduction.
- No kids needed. Just enroll and list yourself (or your spouse, if you have one) as the beneficiary.
Now I’m off to find some family members who need one (or a dozen) new accounts!