Bank of America offers various sign up bonuses from time to time. The latest promotion is $75 for a new checking account. And it’s a nice one, since you don’t have to set up direct deposit! It’s our Free Money  Friday offer this week.
How to Get Your Sign Up Bonus
- Open a new Free MyAccess Checking  account with a minimum balance of $500 by August 30, 2009.
- Use the code AOU260609 when opening your account.
- Keep the account open for at least 30 days and make one transaction with the check card.
- $75 will be credited to your account within 90 days of opening.
Bank of America Checking Details
No monthly maintenance fee. There is no monthly maintenance fee when you open this account online.
No minimum balance required. While there is a minimum balance to open; you don’t need to tie it up from month to month.
More on Fees. I contacted Bank of America to verify that there is no fee, since when you go through the application process, it mentions a fee. They provided me with a copy of the addendum  that confirms there is no fee if you open the account online.
Terms and Conditions
- Limit one offer per household.
- This offer is available only to new customers who open a new qualifying personal checking account.
- The new customer is not eligible for this offer if they were a signer on a Bank of America checking account that was closed within the last three months.
- Offer does not apply to Bank of America associates, current checking customers or student checking accounts.