American Express added new benefits to their sign up bonuses recently. We discussed the American Express 50 Reward Dollars and Amazon Prime Sign Up Bonus  before the holidays.
The most popular response I received was from readers who wanted to know if the Amazon Prime  bonus was also available for the Blue Cash Preferred® Card.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express  is the card that gives 6% cash back on groceries up to $6,000 in spending.
Great news… it is! The 100 Reward Dollars sign up bonus and one year of Amazon Prime for unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping for the Blue Cash Preferred® Card is the Featured Deal  this week!
How to Get 100 Reward Dollars
- Open a new Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express .
- Spend $1000 within your first 3 months.
- Get your 100 Reward Dollars in 6-8 weeks.
How to Get Your Amazon Prime
- Sign up for a new membership with your card.
- Meet the spending requirements above in the same time period.
- Get one year of Amazon Prime .
American Express Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $75
- Cash Back Rewards – No Tiers:
- 6% cash back: US supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases
- 3% cash back: US gas stations & select US dept stores
- 1% cash back: all other eligible purchases
No Annual Fee Card
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express  with no annual fee, earns 3% cash back at stand-alone supermarkets (up to $6,000 in spending), 2% cash back at stand-alone gas stations and department stores, and 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases. The break even point between the two cards is based on spending $208.33 per month on groceries. If you spend more than that, your cash back from the Preferred card will beat the Everyday card after factoring in the annual fee.
Cash Back at Other Stores
I use my Preferred card for buying gift cards and prepaid cards. More details are included in my review of the Blue Cash Preferred card in American Express 6% Cash Back Credit Card & 100 Reward Dollars . In addition, more details are available in Cash Back Q & A , Emptying Your Cash Back via ATM , and How to Stack Gas Rewards .