Time to squeeze in a back-to-back Free Money  Friday deal! This offer ends September 30 (or until points run out), so you’ll have to act quickly!
Right now, you can get 150 MyPoints per dollar spent on OpenSky . You can spend up to $500 and get 75,000 free MyPoints , which you can redeem for $500+ in gift cards. After converting the points back to gift cards, you end up with $500 in free stuff.
How to Get Your $500+ in Gift Cards
- Sign up for OpenSky  (you should get a $25 gift certificate when you sign up).
- Login to your MyPoints  account, and follow the links to shop on OpenSky. Look for the big black banner with blue lettering.
- Shop on OpenSky and spend up to $500 by September 30, 2012.
- Earn 150 points per dollar (75,000 points for a $500 purchase).
- Redeem your 75,000 points for $500+ in gift cards.
MyPoints Terms and Conditions
- This offer valid on purchases up to $500 per household. If you cancel, exchange or return your purchase, Points awarded for your original transaction will be deducted from your account.
- Points are available until 9/30/12, or until the maximum number of Points have been claimed. Once the maximum number of Points have been claimed, the offer will no longer be available and you will be directed back to the MyPoints website.
- Your Points will be credited within 30 days of completing the transaction.
- OpenSky points are different from Points earned in the MyPoints program and may not be used for MyPoints rewards.
More on MyPoints/OpenSky Offer
Terms and Conditions. The last line in the terms and conditions states that MyPoints and OpenSky points are different. Throwing in that line also makes this deal very confusing. If you are worried, you might want to call and confirm with MyPoints first. After reading a very long thread on Slickdeals  about the offer, it looks like callers are getting confirmation on the deal.
Purchase Protection. Just to be on the safe side, since the deal has the confusing wording, I’ll be making my purchases using a credit card with purchase protection. That way if they choose not to honor this deal, we can return the purchases and get our money back. When a deal seems too good to be true, and it sounds like we’re taking our chances… I put my purchases on an American Express  card with purchase protection!
Redemption Options. The gift cards you can redeem the points for include Amazon.com ($500 for 75,000 points), travel (more than $500 for the points) and Paypal cash (less than $500).
Update: It looks like the deal is now over.