Zecco Price Changes
Just as I was exploring my options for a new brokerage, including TradeKing  and Sharebuilder , Zecco  changed the rules. I was excited to try out Zecco because they used to offer free trades. However, I got this email from Zecco  last week:
As of March 1st, 2009, we’re increasing the minimum level of assets needed to earn 10 free trades per month to $25,000. At the same time, we’re adding a new way to get free trades: customers who make at least 25 total trades per month will also qualify for 10 free stock trades per month.
I’ll still take them for a test drive, because even if you have to pay for the trades, they’re still only $4.50 per trade…. still pretty cheap. Just not free.
Enhancing the $7500 First Time Home Buyer Credit
I wrote about the $7500 First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit , which was actually a loan, last fall. Last week, one of the provisions of the proposed economic stimulus bill will change that loan to an actual credit. However, it will only apply to houses bought in 2009. I mentioned a CNN story  with more details on Twitter .
Now, onto my favorite personal finance articles of the week…
By the Numbers
- 5 Mistakes You Can’t Afford to Make When Buying a Car 
- 10 Ways to Save on Travel 
- 10 Tips to Save Money Around the Home 
- 5 Simple Yet Often Overlooked Ways To Spend Less Money 
- 6 Reasons Why Recessions are a Good Thing! 
- 10 Ways College Made Me Rich 
- How To Make A Budget In 10 Easy Steps 
- How to Negotiate A Severance Package 
- How to check out a hoax 
- How To Walk On Water 
- Insurance Policies 101 – Understanding Insurance Policies and Claims 
- Carnival of Personal Finance 190: Buddy, Can You Spare a Dime? 
- How Much Does It Cost In Life Energy? 
- Where You Shop Could Hurt Your Credit Score and Credit Limits 
- What Was the First Piece of Financial Advice You Ever Received?