I know sometimes some of my ideas are a little extreme. I realize this could be one of those, but I thought it would be worth asking. Otherwise, I’ll just keep thinking about it. Forever. Literally.
However, while social lending has eliminated the bank, they’ve essentially created another middleman, adding another layer of fees.
In addition, I’m constantly scouring the internet looking for places for you to safely stash your money, which is probably SmartyPig  or an Ally Bank CD  right now, even though they’re in the 2% range.
At the same time, I’m always looking for sources of money to leverage our mortgage, investments, and business developments.
Then it occurred to me, why not just offer readers private investments or loans with me directly?
Brilliant, right? Or have I totally lost my mind? I realize the concept could be far fetched, but the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like a possibility.
Here’s how I think it might work. I offer readers a fixed rate loan that pays higher than the current bank rates, but lower than I can get access to commercial lending. It’s a win-win. Higher rates for you; lower leverage costs for me. And I provide a valuable service for readers.
I realize that it wouldn’t be FDIC insured, so that might be a deal-breaker for you. I’d probably have our lawyer draw up the contracts to make sure both parties are protected.
Is this legal? I have no idea. Will the administration of it from my end be a pain. Maybe. Are you interested? That’s what I’d like to know.
So tell me. Would you do it? What would influence your decision? What kind of terms would you like to see?
Speaking of business developments, I’m happy to announce that Scott has officially partnered with Blog Crafted  doing blog consulting. As you all know, he does a fantastic job here and does consulting work for many of you already. Congrats Scott!
- How Much House Can You Afford? 
- Can You Get A Mortgage Loan With Bad Credit? 
- Our Mortgage Was Sold After Only One Month 
- Taking Vacations Can Make You Money? 
- 30 Ways To Save Money On A Cruise 
- 8 Ways to Save Money on Your Cell Phone Bill 
By the Numbers
- The 12 Most Important Decisions You Must Make Before You Retire 
- 44 Priceless Moments Money Can’t Buy 
- Eleven Effective Ways to Reduce Your Laundry Costs 
- Looking for a New Job? Networking Tips That Can Help 
- Wake Up on the Right Side of the Bed Every Day 
- My New Career: Stealing Cars in Oakland 
- The Secret to Getting Out of Debt: Forget Snowballs and Interest Rates 
- Carnival of Personal Finance