My dad has been sick this week, and I’ve been spending a considerable amount of time with him at the hospital. Since he’s a successful small business owner for 30 years, we’ve spent some time discussing his plans for the future. It reminded me of many of the self-employed readers that I have.
What’s Your Exit Strategy?
Have you thought about, or do you have answers to the following questions:
- What would happen to your business if you were unable to work for an extended period of time?
- When you decide to exit the business, what approach will you take? Close it, sell it, transfer to kids?
- If you plan for the business to remain in the family… do your children have the same plans?
- Does much of the success of your business rely on your personal relationships and knowledge? And if so, can that actually be transferred to another person?
Running a small business can be very rewarding on both a personal and financial level. However, there are a lot of things to think about when an exit must be made (planned or unplanned). Obviously, the better prepared you can be, the smoother it will go. At this point, for my dad, the future of the business is uncertain.
Trend Analysis. As an active member of an investment club, I’m always checking out different stock analysis programs. This week, I’m giving the Trend Analysis at INO  a try. You just pick your symbol and they send you a free stock analysis.
Virtual Assistant. Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for a virtual assistant. I’m going through all the emails and will be getting back to you soon! There are so many amazing readers here at My Dollar Plan, I wish I could hire all of you!
Free Pancakes. IHOP is having their annual Free Pancake day  on Feb. 24! All they ask is that you make a donation to support local children’s hospitals. I used to hit up the free pancakes with my old co-workers… I’ll have to give them a ring!
- Frugal Camping: My Roots In Frugality 
- Wine-Tasting: A Frugal Hobby or Not? 
- The Easiest and Cheapest Shrimp Pasta Recipe You’ll Ever Make 
- Stress at Work Getting You Down? How To Manage Job Burnout 
- Preparing for a Layoff – Job Tips for Staying Employed in a Recession 
- Would You Jump Off a Bridge to Get a Job? 
- 13 Questions to Ask a Debt Management Company 
- Do It Yourself Debt Reduction 
- Should I Raid My Retirement Account to Pay off Debt? 
- 70 Government Websites About Money 
- 10 ways to stop worrying so much about money 
- The New Retirement Book Review and Discussion 
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 Chart 
- Festival of Frugality- Broken Hearts Edition