Need a Turbotax  Discount? It seems like every communication I receive from brokerages, insurance companies, and banks recently are for offers for a Turbotax discount.
If you missed the offer for Free Federal and State Tax Filing , and you still need to find a discount here is a list of all the discounts I could find. All but a few (like Vanguard) pretty much offer the same discount for $20 off, so it doesn’t matter which one you choose.
There are so many discounts, there is no need to pay full price! If you can’t find one of your banks on the list, you can also check your local credit union to see if they offer a discount. Some of the discounts require you to be a customer and some don’t.
- Vanguard: Vanguard TurboTax Discount . Significant discounts for Flagship Services and Asset Management Services. All others up to $20 off.
- Fidelity: Fidelity Turbotax Discount . Save up to $20 on TurboTax Online and Desktop federal products.
- Penfed: Penfed Turbotax Discount . Save up to $15 on TurboTax Federal Products.
- Navy Federal: Navy Federal Turbotax Discount . Save using the Turbotax Online or TurboTax Military Edition.
- Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo Turbotax Discount . Save up to $20 on TurboTax federal products.
- USAA: USAA Turbotax Discount . Turbotax discounts: Free for Active Duty, others get up to $20 off.
- T. Rowe Price: T. Rowe Price Turbotax Discount . Save up to $20 on TurboTax Federal products.
- Progressive: Progressive Turbotax Discount . Save Up To $20 On TurboTax Products.
- TD Ameritrade: TD Ameritrade Turbotax Discount . Save up to $20 on TurboTax Federal products.
- State Farm Bank: State Farm Bank Turbotax Discount . Customers get free access to TurboTax tax preparation other save up to $20 on other TurboTax Federal Online products.
Eliminated Turbo Tax Discounts
The following companies offered TurboTax discounts last year, but I can’t find a discount for your 2014 tax return due in 2015. I’m keeping a list in case you are a customer and used a discount from one of these companies in the past.
- AAA: AAA Turbotax Discount expired.
- Bank of America: Bank of America Turbotax Discount expired.
- Chase: Chase Turbotax Discount expired.
- Scottrade: Scottrade Turbotax Discount  no longer listed; gives directions on how to import your Scottrade 1099 instead.
Cash Back on Turbotax
In addition to the discounts available through financial companies, many of the cash back sites are also offering cash back on tax products. They are:
- BeFrugal : 15% cash back
- Ebates : 7.5% cash back
- Mr. Rebates : 8% cash back
- Upromise : 7% cash back
- FatWallet : 7.5% cash back
- Swagbucks : 7 swagbucks per dollar
If you want to purchase the software instead of using the online version, you can look for it at various retail shops including Costco, Walmart , ebay and Amazon.
Here are the Amazon Turbotax products. The prices fluctuate, but I listed the Prime price this weekend:
- TurboTax Deluxe Federal + E-File + State : $49
- TurboTax Premier Federal + E-File + State : $55
- TurboTax Home and Business Fed + E-File + State : $80
With all the Turbotax  discounts, it would be almost impossible to pay full price! If you find any other Turbotax discounts, feel free to add them to the list!