It seems like every time we check, the other service is offering an incentive that’s lower than our current bill. After a year, they always seem to send a letter increasing the rates…. so we just switch back.
Since they usually waive the installation fee and send a technician to do the work, switching is relatively easy. In addition, we planned ahead by wiring our house for both cable and satellite when we built. This is the third switch we’ve made in 3 years.
In addition, we’re getting DVR with the cheaper cable package. Our current DVR is an old one that doesn’t require a monthly subscription fee, so we’ve considered selling it on eBay .
Wouldn’t it be cheaper to just go without? Sure. But if we’re going to use it, why not shop around for the cheapest rates?
- Joining An Investment Club? Watch Out For Groupthink 
- SEP IRA: Self-Employed Retirement Plans 
- Is the 401(k) Broken? I’m Not So Sure 
By the Numbers
- Four Things That Are Making You Poor 
- Three Quick Tips for Getting Ahead in Life 
- Seven Ways to Save Money on Your Summer Family Trip 
- EverBank Raises Money Market Account Bonus Rate to 3.01% 
- Will People Change? 
- Energy Efficient Home Improvement Tax Credits 
- MBNA Smart Cash Credit Card – The New Cash Back King? 
- Carnival of Personal Finance
- Carnival of Pecuniary Delights