Remember a few years back when it was my resolution to stop couponing  since I’d become such a compulsive obsessive couponer?
I did great for a few years and bought whatever we wanted. Then our food budget started to creep up .
Printing coupons was obviously my tipping point. Once I started to get the thrill of saving 50%, 70%, or even 80% of our grocery bill it all went into coupon overdrive.
I have a confession to make. Now I’m hitting our grocery store twice a week to take advantage of double coupons, printing more coupons , and following the weekly coupon matchups for our local store . (You can find your own local store matchups through the BeCentsable directory ).
But it didn’t stop there. In addition, I got a cheap newspaper subscription from Discounted Newspapers , just for the coupons, and yesterday I broke down and ordered some coupons from the Coupon Clippers .
I can feel myself turning obsessive about it again, even though I promised myself I’d just do it in a low-key way. Obviously I have one of those all-or-nothing type personalities.
The good news? I cut our grocery bill by $200 last month!
Do you have any money saving habits that you get compulsive about… or is it just me?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage? Low Rates Make Refinancing Attractive 
- How to Find the Best Mortgage Rates 
- 6 Options When Facing Foreclosure 
- Invest in What You Know? (Part 1) 
- How To Avoid Investment Fraud: Don’t Be A “Madoff” Victim 
- What to Invest When You Are Young 
- Should University Students Contribute to an RRSP? 
By the Numbers
- 25 Lessons I’ve Learned In 50 Years 
- 5 Decorating Lessons I’ve Learned from the Modern Style 
- 21 Things You Should Never Buy New 
- 8 Things to Consider When Starting a Business