I mentioned yesterday that I do not use a credit card for all of my purchases. We actually operate our “allowances” on a cash basis. We take out money on the 1st and 15th of each month to cover lunch, dinners out, haircuts, and any other miscellaneous purchases. I don’t use a credit card for these purchases because they are usually small or we might be out with other people.
I’ll write more about our allowance system later, but wanted to mention it because while I love credit cards I don’t find them appropriate for every situation.
I had a lot of fun with the great credit card debate with Ana at Debt Free Revolution . Of course neither one of us probably convinced the other one to switch sides!
I learned a bunch, especially all the uses of debit cards. Thank you to everyone who participated in the comments. Here’s a wrap of all the articles in the debate:
- Dirty Credit Card Company Tricks 
- The Great Credit Card Debate Off to an Early Start! 
- 25 Reasons to Love Credit Cards 
- Ways Credit Card Companies Separate You From Your Money 
- The Great Credit Card Debate Continues…. 
- Can You Really Win With Credit Cards? 
- Don’t Hate the Credit Card 
- The Great Credit Card Debate 
While today is the official wrap day for us feel free to continue the debate in the comments or on your own site if you have one. Let me know and I’ll add a link to your thoughts.
Finishing the debate wouldn’t be complete without a big thank you to Ana for accepting my challenge!